Search results

1. S

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I use a Gustard x26pro in front of my SHD with an analog XLR interface. I recognize this results in an extra ADC/DAC conversion but the SHD does not process DSD files of which I have many in my library. Technics ST-G30 > Gustard x26pro > SHD (ADC>DSP>DAC) > VTV Purifi Dual Mono I have tried...
  2. S

Gustard X26Pro firmware release (F20 beta)

I have been watching this thread with interest but have had no noise or dropout problems with my x26pro. When first powered up it always displays DSD 24.5 MHz but changes instantly when it detects actual input with no issues. I use it connected to a Technics ST-G30 music server with USB. I...
  3. S

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I made an external switch box for use with the SHD. It has 4 XLR source selections and 4 RCA source selections with independent outputs for both to the SHD. I used quality Goldpoint switches and OFC wire. I then use the SHD for XLR or RCA input selection. I added redundant outputs to the...
  4. S

Douk VU2 Review (VU Meter/Input Selector)

Recently purchased a Crookwood VU2 and seems to be an excellent product. I’m old school so the classic VU meter style match my expectations. I find it very useful to match the input levels of my many sources. I would hope it causes no detrimental effects to the signal? I might have Amir...
  5. S

Douk VU2 Review (VU Meter/Input Selector)

Crookwood makes a nice one. https://crookwood.com/vu-meters/2u-stereo-vu-meter/
  6. S

Reviewing Speakers - Measurements and Listening Tests (Video)

Agree we can improve (if not fix) system performance in a given room with RTA/DSP/EQ, but that does not help the observers of audio reviews that are trying to decide on the selecting of specific components to purchase. Helping observers make good choices on purchasing of components, I would...
  7. S

Reviewing Speakers - Measurements and Listening Tests (Video)

A very difficult subject explained very well. If we can just get more audiophiles to accept this logic on something as controversial as speaker performance, maybe there is hope for the use of a scientific basis with evaluation of audio equipment in general? With that said, there is still a...
  8. S

Tortuga TPB.V1 Tube Preamp Buffer Review

yes, a bit of a surprise to me also. From manufacturer's website: https://tortugaaudio.com/tube-rolling-preamp-buffer/ It seems to function but barely?
  9. S

VTV Purifi Amplifier Review with Weiss Buffer

Ha! Feel free to experiment a bit if you wish...
  10. S

From the website: Improve the sound quality of your existing preamp Sand some of that hard digital edge off your DAC’s output Add some tube euphonics to your solid state system Allows you to use long cable runs between your passive preamp and amp. Resolves most impedance mismatches between...
  11. S

Might try reversing the tubes from left to right and see if the mismatch problems follow? Would be good to know if the "effects" are at least equal in the component from left to right? It is interesting that Tortuga designed the buffer for the 6H30 tube but also says the 6922 series can also...
  12. S

As expected you had fun with this one! But was it warm sounding and musical with magic 3D staging?
  13. S

VTV Purifi Amplifier Review with Weiss Buffer

Looks like VTV has some work to do. I would hope they take this review seriously.
  14. S

VTV Purifi Amplifier Teardown(SIL 994EnH-Ticha Pro Opamp)

I am sometimes naughty but always nice.... Also both +7db and +14db buffer gain?
  15. S

VTV Purifi Amplifier Teardown(SIL 994EnH-Ticha Pro Opamp)

Great review @amirm ! Most of the concerns would be easy to solve so hopefully VTV is watching? The small wires going from the trigger to the mains is very concerning. The other small wires only carry 12v I believe? I should point out this amp has Sonic Imagery Labs 994 Enh-Tricha...
  16. S

VTV Purifi Amplifier With SIL 994EnH-Ticha Pro Buffer Review

I believe you are testing the dual mono version (two SMPS1200 PS) and with 994Enh-Ticha (not 990)? What about with the Weiss OP2-BP buffers?
  17. S

Gustard X26Pro Review (Balanced High-end DAC)

Had me worried there for a bit because I know I could hear a difference between the filters on my x26pro. Made me go back and check again thinking I am imagining it? Ha! Agree only issue is heat but not real bad. Using IR I get 93 deg F on the case and 113 deg F pointing inside through a...
  18. S

dbx DriveRack VENU360 Review (audio processor)

I would hope all audio discussion forums exist for one main reason, to share in the joy of audio and to help each other understand what we each have learned from our own personal audio journey. I enjoy ASR in particular because of the extreme objectivity communicated clearly on their technical...
  19. S

dbx DriveRack VENU360 Review (audio processor)

I would rather have XLR balanced more like the DDRC-88A series bu Amir’s test was a modest passing grade. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/minidsp-ddrc-88a-dirac-multichannel-dsp-review.15900/
Top Bottom