Search results

1. P

Using inexpensive DVD player as transport for an external DAC

It would be good to find out if the Samsung is faulty in order to remove any lingering doubt about the expectation that all DVD players are "equal" as digital sources.
  2. P

From what I can see, most lower priced bluray players don't have coaxial or optical digital outputs, only hdmi. I understand that an hdmi audio extractor should be able to capture the audio from the hdmi stream, output a digital audio signal, and feed this signal into an external dac My...
  3. P

re CD players & DVD players are usually well made. The only problem is that you can't easily EQ and would need a miniDSP or something like that, and more expensive than the player itself. Good thought. I have a 3 way triamped system with a dbx active crossover so that should be fine.
  4. P

Re If both the CD player and the DVD player are competently sending digits to the same DAC I would expect no difference. That's what I would have thought and expected. But with all of the "mysticism" about hifi audio I thought it would be good to ask. I will probably go the dvd/dac option...
  5. P

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried using an inexpensive DVD player with digital outputs connected to a good quality DAC. And if so, how would the sound quality compare to that of a relatively expensive cd player?
  6. P

Simple music streaming system using old netbook

I've now been able to try this out using my very old MSI (circa 2012) (atom cpu/2gb ram)netbook with a topping D10 using foobar and wasapi drivers. In short, this combination seems to work extremely well. I haven't done any extended or super critical listening testing but my first impression...
  7. P

Thank you. I just wasn't sure if all usb sources were equal. If they are more or less equal (unlike DACs apparently) then I guess it depends on whether the old machine is fast or quiet enough to do the task fairly easily in a quiet music environment using current streaming software.
  8. P

I'm just wondering, would it be possible to use an old netbook or laptop to stream, via usb, a music library through a good dac such as a topping to an amplifier and get good results? Or would there be an issue or limitation with the quality of the signal from the netbook usb to the dac. To...
Top Bottom