Search results

1. M

Amir recommendation criticism

The answer to that is in distortion measurements. But I did see in his R3 review he said: "The distortion graphs is still work in progress as I continue to fight the Klippel software to generate proper SPL measures."
  2. M

Can you expand which parts specifically confused you in the R3 review? I may have skipped over something when I first read it.
  3. M

I just disagree with 'most of the time'. But fair enough, I guess interpretations of his conclusions can be subjective also.
  4. M

He seems to ignore measurements in his conclusion, most of the time? Most of the time meaning 6 of 10 times? I don't think that's a fair comment at all...
  5. M

It's US$2k per pair for the R3. And his R3 review concluded with "objective measurements are superb enough to give a thumbs up to KEF R3 and hence the choice of panther." I'm pretty sure the KEF engineers involved with the R3 are very happy reading his review...
  6. M

Audioengine A5+ Powered Speaker Review

The feature is there but it isn't "on" by default - you always need to enable this manually, for any DSP you enable.
  7. M

Audioengine A5+ Powered Speaker Review

Do you add headroom management in Roon also?
  8. M

Intel destroyed by AMD, let's talk like audio

My CPU (i9-9900K) is actually an important part of my music playback. I use HQPlayer (on the fly convolution for digital room correction plus upsampling to DSD) and some of their newer DSD modulators need running speed (max boost) close to 5GHz for 2 cores. I don't overclock. I haven't seen...
  9. M

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

If it had the stepped attenuator volume control like Ragnarok (for no channel imbalance issues) I’d agree. Maybe version 4 !
  10. M

Hilarious CNN Headphone Article

“We focused our testing on the most consumer-facing options, searching for the headphones and earbuds that deliver the most value, so you won't find thousand-dollar options designed for the pickiest of audiophiles.” These these are all bluetooth headphones, which is the billion dollar market...
  11. M

That is some serious power cables sir :)

Don't forget when your phone runs out of battery power, no more time... Rolex can keep working with just kinetic movement !
  12. M

Dirac Live Bass Management?

Thanks! If I purchase Dirac Live® for Studio plugin license now for US$349, will multichannel DLP + Bass Control be a free upgrade or additional cost?
  13. M

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

This is stating the obvious... that's the whole point of me showing Matrix measurement and me writing: "Matrix Audio seem to have TOSlink input jitter rejection figured out" i.e. (if it wasn't obvious already) the Matrix team have implemented jitter rejection well ;-)
  14. M

Not all ESS based DACs measure like this with TOSlink input... despite all having Sabre ASRC and jitter reduction...
  15. M

Matrix Audio seem to have TOSlink input jitter rejection figured out: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/matrix-audio-element-i-usb-dac-streamer-review.10360/page-4#post-286192
  16. M

Awww, y’all have kissed and made up
  17. M

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface Gen 3 Review

Thanks! All the replies I’ve received are talking about wiring TRS balanced to RCA. But there exists TS to RCA cables and the manual states TS unbalanced is fine, so I was really confused.
  18. M

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface Gen 3 Review

Hi, thanks for all the info but I'm confused why TRS-to-RCA would be needed when the Focusrite supports TS unbalanced output (screenshot from manual below) and there exists TS-to-RCA cables, like the Mogami I linked. Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question, but am I missing something...
  19. M

RME Babyface Pro FS Portable Interface Review

Hi @amirm Is that coming soon?
Top Bottom