Search results

1. roog

Out for a few more days

Sorry to hear of your plight Amir, best wishes to you both and I hope that you can sort your water ingress issues as quickly as possible.
  2. roog

TotalDAC USB cable/filter - Teardown

I am a little surprised that TotalDAC don't fully pot the box in the middle of their USB filter cable. Perhaps the extra cost would eat into their profit too much?
  3. roog

Sabaj A10h Review (Headphone Amplifier)

I was very surprised by mine too, it really does sound good. I have thought that it might be fun to fit one inside a typical Audiophile style CNC’d case. I recon it would fool a few snobs!
  4. roog

It isn't a potentiometer, it is a rotary encoder. I mean it's not as robust feeling as the one on my Naim kit, it does have some give**, but at 35x less outlay I wouldn't expect it to be but I found it perfectly serviceable and because I use mine as a pre amp I use the remote control most of...
  5. roog

Is this test listed as part of the IEC 61000 EMC standards?
  6. roog

The post in which Darko basically tells anyone who isn't a rich rube to ignore him and audiophilia in general

That’s the one, I liked the line that went something like, he was polite and he was my friend so I didn’t just tell him to #&@* off! like either of the above conditions affects whether he was right or not.
  7. roog

No plastic film on the display, made me think too, but as the unit came in a bag in 5he box and the display was unmarked I guessed it was normal
  8. roog

Display on the Sabaj is useful too even if it is that terrible blue colour!
  9. roog

The post in which Darko basically tells anyone who isn't a rich rube to ignore him and audiophilia in general

I noticed that in a podcast with Michael lavorgna, Darko seems desperate to convince the listener that his opinion based on subjectivity must be right, seeking to name drop other reviewers of similar mind set. I don’t have a problem with seeking collective opinion but at least draw from a broad...
  10. roog

Do internal speaker wires matter.

This, especially so, the pressure brought to bear by some, including friends, to follow their unshakable beliefs without foundation and when this doesn't give their desired effect, they ridicule you in front of their like-minded followers is both, testing and hurtful.
  11. roog

Do internal speaker wires matter.

Yes, we should discard the undersized rubbish voice coils that an engineer has already considered and selected and wind our own and then shoe horn the much improved fat voice coil into the air gap with a mallet.
  12. roog

Speaker Wire 'Burn in'

Imagine the value of used cables if burn-in actually was a thing. There would be big sheds full of cables being burned in using electricity stollen from the grid and the certified burnt in cable sold for a premium (”,)
  13. roog

I note that in a couple of Andrew’s videos he does give examples of things he used to believe in. Whilst I agree he is all about presenting ‘that image’ for the clicks, as an industry man he has at least voiced some sensible stuff.
  14. roog

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Hello, I have been here for a fair while but not thought to post in this thread. I am an electrical and electronics engineer, my interests lie primarily in electronic hardware. I have had an interest in audio since I started building projects pre teenager and building a stereo system as a...
  15. roog

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Many thanks, @Atanasi as i said, I must get it sorted!
  16. roog

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

This reminds me I must get around to updating mine. I must be a couple of updates behind so far. Can anyone say what the notable changes were, if any for the last couple of updates?
  17. roog

Fair enough I wouldn’t warranty my findings to an accuracy of 1 in 10, so it could be. I assumed it might be much worse than that.
  18. roog

Hi @Lilith i had a play with my Sabaj A10h volume control, it wasn’t very scientific but I found that a quick spin of about half a turn resulted in the same change in dB as turning it back slowly about the same amount, so I have no sense of it skipping. Even quite drastic spins consistently gave...
  19. roog

Will do, the Sabaj is out of my system at the moment as I have a THX One AAA moving into its position at the moment. I will have a play this evening. Edit: unless I get bored with work in which case it may be sooner!
  20. roog

I haven't experienced this with the Sabaj, I have found the response to controls very good and the 'noisy' relays act as 'encouraging' haptic feedback that it is responding to changes to the controls. Perhaps spinning it makes it skip? On the other hand, I have heard of issues with the RME...
Top Bottom