Search results

1. Bow_Wazoo

Focal Utopia Review (Headphone)

Yes, of course, you're right. These differences from copy to copy are a fact.
  2. Bow_Wazoo

No, I only had it here for a few days.
  3. Bow_Wazoo

I rather had the impression, that this was a basic character issue, or let's say rather that the technical capabilities of the 009s, would be the limiting factor to reproduce "s" sounds. Likewise with the trumpet of the track in question. Highlighting these points, the Utopia is in my...
  4. Bow_Wazoo

Yes, i agree with that. After a long journey, i ended up back at the Utopia. For these money, you expect magic, and you get it! I also had the Clear MG here. This is also damn good...
  5. Bow_Wazoo

A few hours of listening later: First of all, looks and touch quality. The Utopia clearly has the edge here. If I spend 4000 € on a headphone, i expect to be able to feel and see that in some way. That is given with the Focal, not with the Stax. Before i come to my sound impressions, i must...
  6. Bow_Wazoo

Matter of opinion. I think it's crazy to spend $20,000 on a kitchen or $30,000 to renovate a bathroom. Be that as it may. Who runs his hobby with reason, is with me down through...
  7. Bow_Wazoo

His answer: "it's calculated by adding the transfer function of all filters combined to the transfer function of the headphone. Since their behaviour is deterministic, this is a valid approach."
  8. Bow_Wazoo

Thats the compensated frequency response Here after EQing
  9. Bow_Wazoo

It should be remembered, that the Harman Curve should be the starting point, not the final result. These peaks & dips, which are very likely due to the design, can only distort the sound...
  10. Bow_Wazoo

What electronic audio products you want tested most

@amirm I'd be interested to see, what the measurements from this CD player look like, after the guy threw out the OPAs, and put the DAC right on the tube... http://www.lampizator.eu/lampizator/references/Vincent/Vincent%20CD-S6%20CD%20player%20upgrade.html
  11. Bow_Wazoo

If you don't use EQ, as an effective means of personalization, you're giving away a lot of potential. And that is independent of the price range. As a user of the Neutron player, the use of the DSP is absolutely natural for me. In my opinion, the Utopia plays in a different league. The Stealth...
  12. Bow_Wazoo

After many hours, I have finally found my ideal settings
  13. Bow_Wazoo

Hidizs S9 Review (Headphone Adapter)

My s9pro arrived yesterday. in direct comparison to the s 9, I'm a little surprised. supposedly the pro version has twice the power. I can't "see" any of that. It seems that both have the same volume
  14. Bow_Wazoo

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Made with a S21 Ultra Smartphone. Without tripod.
  15. Bow_Wazoo

I understand. Then the best comparison I can use is the Topping nx4 . I connected it to the Utopia a few months ago. We know its performance compared to the S9. As far as I can remember, the volume was enough for me. But in the end that doesn't solve my question. Afterwards I ordered the...
  16. Bow_Wazoo

Can someone tell me how to calculate the maximum volume, when I plug in headphones (ballanced) with the following data? The preamp is at -7db (Harman target).
  17. Bow_Wazoo

Oversampling

I played a 1khz sinus wave in the Neutron Player. Why do I see a completely different amplitude, as soon as I activate oversampling? In addition, the amplitude oscillates in the low frequency range, when oversampling is activated. X16 OS NOS
  18. Bow_Wazoo

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Focal Clear MG Very similar performance compared to the Utopia. I am absolutely thrilled with the MG. Of course, both need Harman target.
Top Bottom