Search results

1. Ken1951

Weird Cars Thread

Yep, fuel economy not an available option! :)
  2. Ken1951

Weird Cars Thread

With an LS-6 better keep a large supply of rear tires!
  3. Ken1951

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Really good this time of year with an apple and Vermont Cheddar.
  4. Ken1951

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

That's why I put that dude on ignore ages ago.
  5. Ken1951

Vintage amplifiers that could challenge or approach current state of the art amplifiers

Original owner of a GFA-555, original one, and have never been anything but satisfied with it. First with MG-2b, then Focal Chorus, and now Paradigm Signature S8. Sounds like, well, nothing! Just as it should.
  6. Ken1951

Power Cords and Sound

And what are you saying here? The people who stop learning at 22 are the result of public school teachers, or that public school teachers stop learning at 22????
  7. Ken1951

Your loudspeakers are too small!

Oops! Saw the "nano" missed the "pico". My mind was likely numbed by some the excessive word salads!
  8. Ken1951

Carver Crimson 275 Measurements

So, your position is no solid state amp that sounds good? Really?? :facepalm:
  9. Ken1951

Pico-dynamics perhaps? :cool:
  10. Ken1951

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I put him on ignore ages ago, but thanks!
  11. Ken1951

Stereophile tested a Topping Pre90

That "something" is dollars added to their bottom line!
  12. Ken1951

The best I've ever heard solo piano sound was many years ago in a highish-end store that was in what was for want of better words a mansion. The system was in the ballroom and used Infinity IRS driven by serious power. I've never heard anything better and likely never will. In my personal case...
  13. Ken1951

People did have systems, but the number of people who spent $1,500 on a Hi-Fi system in 1972 was really, really small. I worked in a good company back then and there weren't that many sold at that price level. And we sold some really good stuff as well as the more main line stuff. I expect the...
  14. Ken1951

Scientific Sheeple's Republic

Who is John Galt?
  15. Ken1951

Large hairy being living under a bridge, or perhaps some clandestine association? ¿quién sabe?
  16. Ken1951

Fuses do affect sound, the question is how much

Another one added to my very small ignore list!
  17. Ken1951

Haven't been around tube amps for decades but did use some back in the early to mid 70s. Didn't the MC240 weigh something close to 50 pounds? And the AR Dual 51 weigh something around the same? I used a MC275 for a time and that sucker was a load. So, 19 pounds???
  18. Ken1951

Poll: Where are you guys from?

For the most part, nobody cares about audio anymore. Outside of a few forums and the few readers of the couple of magazines that exist it's just not on people's radar. As has been stated elsewhere people get their music in other, vastly more convenient ways.
  19. Ken1951

The Book of Boba Fett - Dec 29

Looking forward to it as well, we loved The Mandalorian.
Top Bottom