Search results

1. Doodski

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Those cliffs are always a treat to see. They never get old.
  2. Doodski

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

I don't drink coffee daily. I did OD on coffee though. I drank 3 expresso at ~7AM and then progressed to consume 3.5 pots over the day as we competed for who could make the strongest dark roast coffee. By 2:30PM I was a wreck. I've never felt that way before or since. My mind was racing, I had...
  3. Doodski

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

Start a new thread related to "Looking for speakers of <x> description."
  4. Doodski

Put Together a $5k to $7k System?

A software EQ/PEQ is the best route to go. For PC use this and this together and they form one package that is easy to use. All free software. If you want to get technical and set the PEQ that way them use this microphone and this free software.
  5. Doodski

what's all this Neil Young thread banning business?

After Buffalo Springfield I lost touch on Neil Young.
  6. Doodski

Amazon Basics Optical Coax DAC Review

It might make a decent project box for somebody. :facepalm:
  7. Doodski

Carver Crimson 275 Review (Tube Amp)

It's always nice when a piece of gear specs out when under cal.
  8. Doodski

Those are apparently rare. I googled and googled and found a 4001R model but it was a super tiny pic. I think I may have run across Krohn-Hite stuff in the past but not 100% sure. I used to work part time at a metrology lab that sold and serviced test gear and I have vague memories of that time...
  9. Doodski

What is that silver colored box above the pre? It looks like General Radio gear.
  10. Doodski

Possible to spot class A/B or class D ?

Yes, we can almost all the time. It's not magic. After some electronics education and then some practical stuff one can see the tell tale signs of each type of amp. The top amp is class D as can be seen by the inductor at the amp PCB and the lack of heatsinking at the PCB other than the added...
  11. Doodski

Digital volume control on high power amp

Well... With some guidance, a few hints, a bunch of tools plus a Oscope for diagnosis and confirmation a 3rd party could service it but it would be very tedious instructing them over the net. :D
  12. Doodski

Actually full boost I have seen in the past. Sony STR-AVxxx(x) receivers where known to switch on in the middle of the night, switch between radio stations and go to full volume. It's been done already. Every single Sony receiver in that series that came in for service has had a MOD done for...
  13. Doodski

The actual control/switch can have bad connections/intermittent output. The volume IC can fail too. These are not common failures but the unless the control uses a light sensor it will fail after some time. Not so different than having a potentiometer volume control go scratchy after 10-15 years.
  14. Doodski

EarMen Tradutto

Rolling eyeballs.... :rolleyes: This guy is a flake. :facepalm:
  15. Doodski

Resolution, speed, do these things really exist?

CheeerZ to ya, you bOOzer! :D lol... I make similar mistakes too...lol
Top Bottom