Search results

1. Jas0_0

A Call For Humor!

I think the appropriate response here would be, ‘Yeah, but I had to fix your wifi, again.’
  2. Jas0_0

A Call For Humor!

What do you call an overweight monk who reads Kant? Deep fat friar.
  3. Jas0_0

A Call For Humor!

4. Jas0_0

A Call For Humor!

YouMetaTwit
  5. Jas0_0

*SOLD* RME ADI-2 Pro FS · DAC/AD converter · Headphone amp · USB audio interface · DSP · Excellent · Boxed

This is the same spec as the RME ADI-2 DAC FS as reviewed/loved by amir, but with an added AD converter, and an extra DAC chip, giving 4 analogue outs, allowing it to be used as a controller (with DSP on every channel) for 2-way active speakers, or speakers and a sub. Works perfectly. Updated...
  6. Jas0_0

How do I clean the vinyls?

Apparently ultrasonic bath record cleaners are also excellent. The Velvet Vortex is one, though many examples can be found on a large auction site, among other places. Dedicated cleaners may seem expensive, but if you don’t intend to buy more records, you could buy a second hand cleaner, clean...
  7. Jas0_0

PS Audio Stellar Review (Phono Preamplifier)

Surprised there are no balanced inputs at this price.
  8. Jas0_0

Genelec 8040 vs 8020 with sub

Hi everyone - a very belated thanks for all your input. Seems I might already have the best monitors for my listening environment and the 8020s might not work so well at my far-field listening position. Maybe I'll try to sneak in a small sub at some point. J
  9. Jas0_0

Build a Virtual ASR System

I guess my setup might be representative of a mid-level, non-full range system Source: Apple Mac Mini running Tidal/FLAC via Roon EQ: Focus Fidelity-generated FIR filters used in Roon DAC/Controller: RME ADI-2 Pro FS R Speakers: Genelec 8040B Cables: Neutrik/Van Damme XLRs and printer USB
  10. Jas0_0

A Call For Humor!

Don’t worry… think that’s a while off
  11. Jas0_0

Small room with bass issues

I agree that DSP would solve your problem. If your computer is the source, Dirac as suggested above is great but there are lots of ways to implement DSP without spending lots of money on dedicated systems like Dirac. If you’re on a PC EqualiserAPO is free and does system-wide music correction...
  12. Jas0_0

I will be listening from about 3.5 metres away. I rarely listen loud (neighbours), so do you think 8020s will manage?
  13. Jas0_0

Yes I guess so, though if I can do it without losing fidelity, I was also hoping to reduce the size of the mains so they don’t dominate the sitting room quite so much.
  14. Jas0_0

Hi all, I own a pair of Genelec 8040, and I love them. However I get little below about 35Hz in my 4m l, 3.6m w, 3m h room. I was thinking of switching to 8020s (which would probably also earn me domestic brownie points) and adding a small sub - something like the new SVS SB3000 Micro. I’d...
  15. Jas0_0

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

And finally, a slice of pure ambient techno beauty (at least to these ears):
  16. Jas0_0

Also, for those old enough to not really remember the early 90s, who also appreciate 2020s production quality:
  17. Jas0_0

Hi everyone, only just discovered this thread, so apologies if this track's been posted before, but thought some of you - especially those with bigger systems - might like the bassline.
  18. Jas0_0

Should I sell my vinyl rig?

My partner (who’s away and unaware that I’m considering selling my turntable) just sent me - completely unprompted - a pic of us buying records while on holiday in Berlin. Reminded me that records offer experiences that go beyond just sitting at home listening to perfectly reproduced music...
Top Bottom