Search results

1. H

Subwoofer buzzing

There is a lot of information on buzzing and Furman's, I have always used Panamax with no issues and you can get either the higher end or lower end model never an issue with windings or buzz, there is always the possibility of a bad ground in your house but that can be checked with the $5...
  2. H

Subwoofer buzzing

If cables test good check the connection terminals perhaps something came lose or a pin is recessed. Unplug everything except the problem child see if the noise still exists, finally try another cable trial and error. When I say remove everything I mean HDMI cables as well.
  3. H

Benchmark ABH2. This is the new test equipment on the bench.

There is also a heathy debate on OLED/MiniLED/QLED, IPS vs VA panels, etc. :) As you have been saying on Youtube :) The white screen test shows a ton on this subject, not to get off topic but the MiniLED's from LG do have issues with inconsistencies clouding, etc. I have tested just about...
  4. H

Benchmark ABH2. This is the new test equipment on the bench.

It's so hard to train your ear to know and understand what qualifies as great sound, there definitely is arguments these days that the old school sounds with noise are good. However, I like to do my comparisons against what you would actually hear in real life and the more detail, clarity...
  5. H

AudioControl Maestro X9

Another option is: https://audioresearch.com/product/ref-6se/ They have some limited specs published
  6. H

AudioControl Maestro X9

Very interesting as we always say folks can't tell the difference yet the TI PCM 1796 is the exact DAC in my Onkyo Pre Processor PRSC-5530 and it is also very well implemented. With that said it doesn't surprise me that Trinnov chose this DAC for it's clean conversion as a base for great sound...
  7. H

AudioControl Maestro X9

I'm seriously considering the Trinnov now. I think it has the Sabre 32 DAC. But it just seems to be an all around great unit. Does it come with the MIC and their La Remote?
  8. H

AudioControl Maestro X9

Can you share what type of DAC the Trinnov Altitude 16 has?
  9. H

Test Equipment for those committed to finding the truth about sound (Various levels of spend)

Do you know if the Audiocontrol SA will work with the DiracLive software? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G5HX19Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  10. H

Help me find my next AVR/Processor

I have an 8K television but not true 8K sources yet so it might be ok but that high bandwidth will be used in the near future on some devices I'm sure. Although there is never a "future" proof, I think most brands are starting to move towards 2.1 for that bandwidth reason and the future of...
  11. H

Help me find my next AVR/Processor

Hmm. Well good point, it supports dolby vision, it has balanced inputs but it's lacking HMDI 2.1 still. It uses the AK4493 DAC do you know if it's a better implementation than the mushy/warm audio I hear from the others like Marantz, Denon, etc?
  12. H

Test Equipment for those committed to finding the truth about sound (Various levels of spend)

I ended up getting the Audiocontrol SA-4140ISPL, it has some excellent features. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G5HX19Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  13. H

Actually I went with the Audiocontrol the little device does quite a bit so I'll roll with it for just the level tuning it doesn't do anything for all the other testing I want to do electrically. https://www.audiocontrol.com/pro-audio/ios-microphones/sa-4140i-spl/
  14. H

What about the AudioControl unit that plugs into an Iphone those are about $200 and are supposed to be good.
  15. H

For just level checks I would do this one for 36 bucks:
  16. H

I wish I could get away with just a level meter. Not going to do it.
  17. H

Anyone looking to just educate themselves here is a good video:
Top Bottom