Search results

1. Livnmuskoka

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

I have mine equally spaced from the side walls, which is about 6' from each wall. If I had serious limitations with placement I would just use good headphones.
  2. Livnmuskoka

I'm really liking these speakers again. I had upgraded to the UBR62's about 5 months ago, and they gave me a little extra detail and clarity I thought I was looking for again over the DBR62's. But along with the UBR62's not measuring as well in my room, that extra detail reminded me that it goes...
  3. Livnmuskoka

Elac Reference UCR52 Review (Center Speaker)

I had my UCR52 crossed over at 80hz and calibrated up to 1,200hz with Anthem room correction. It then measured excellent and sounded really good.
  4. Livnmuskoka

Bose TV Speaker Soundbar Review

Hopefully B&W can climb to this level with the next gen 800 series.
  5. Livnmuskoka

ELAC UBR62 Speaker Review

Sorry they didn't work out for you, but to me and in my room they sound exactly like what you were looking for. As I said in a previous post, and after hearing tons of speakers again just over the past 8 years of getting back into the hobby, the next step up for me that would make much of an...
  6. Livnmuskoka

Ok, I'm not sure then. In my room there is a 2db to 4db dip in the most fatiguing 1khz to 4khz range, which my sensitive ears need. But then go back up to mostly flat until around 16khz. Some people may find that flat is bright, but my ears are good with it, and hear it as more detail with no...
  7. Livnmuskoka

Did you try temporarily removing your absorbent panels for a listening test? They might be what is lowering your high frequencies. I have a bright room now. And speakers that did sound very nice in other rooms, like Paradigm Prestige 15B's, were way too bright in here and I had to turn the...
  8. Livnmuskoka

The UBR62's don't measure as well in my room compared to the DBR62's. But in my system all that matters is that they both smooth out on their own by 900hz and they do. So that way I only have to calibrate up to 900hz and then both speakers have a natural dip in the most fatiguing 1khz - 4khz...
  9. Livnmuskoka

Review and Measurements of Paradigm PW-Link Streamer/DAC

I have a Martin Logan Dynamo 1100X subwoofer with ARC, but I'm only using the Anthem MRX520 to calibrate the 3.1 system. ARC did a great job smoothing it out up to where I stop at 900hz, then the Uni-Fi reference speakers smooth out very well on their own after that. They also have a natural dip...
  10. Livnmuskoka

It's just peace of mind to keep SINAD low, especially when I'm going to use it to an RME adi-2 dac and Rotel RB1582mk2 amp that both have low SINAD as well.
  11. Livnmuskoka

Yes, but would using the PW Link's Play-Fi or the Unison's Airplay, then optical out to a dac also have the best SINAD? Or you must have optical input and output for that?
  12. Livnmuskoka

Earlier in this thread it's mentioned that optical input and output to a better dac will drastically reduce distortion. But using the Unison's Airplay or Play-Fi with optical out to a better dac should have the same positive effect right?
  13. Livnmuskoka

Limit the correction to 2khz instead of 5khz. Your system has a natural drop in the most fatiguing 2khz to 3khz area that you are boosting back up to 5khz with ARC. It will probably sound better and less fatiguing.
  14. Livnmuskoka

The UBR62's are clearer and more detailed than the DBR62's while remaining mostly neutral in my room. I had 3 DBR62's for LCR, calibrated along with a powerful 12" sealed subwoofer from an Anthem MRX520 receiver. Initial thoughts on the UBR62's are better clarity and detail, but this is only...
  15. Livnmuskoka

I have a 3rd DBR62 for a centre and it sounds really good. If you want a traditional centre speaker the new Uni-Fi Reference UCR52 or the original Uni-Fi centre would probably be the next best match.
  16. Livnmuskoka

So these speakers would work very well crossed over at 80hz and never used beyond 90dB peaks at a sitting distance of 8' away? I have no desire to listen at reference level. Just trying to listen to movies and music loud enough to clearly hear the quietest parts while eating popcorn and trying...
  17. Livnmuskoka

The only time I remember hearing the singer sound like he was behind the rest of the band was when I heard B&W 804D3's from a Bryston 4B3 amp in a well set up room at a dealer. But looking at how those speakers measure isn't much of a surprise. Don't know about the DFR52's but it doesn't happen...
  18. Livnmuskoka

Speakers are usually damaged from less powerful amps that can't achieve the volume you want without running out of power and clipping. With that March P502 I bet if you didn't turn the volume past half, the speakers would handle that power for as long as you would ever want to listen. I've ran...
  19. Livnmuskoka

If you don't need a crazy amount of power, the Yamaha wxa-50 amp measures well here on ASR. The March audio P502 seems like one of the best deals for higher power output and excellent measurements. The Denon X3600h also measures well here, for a multi-channel option.
Top Bottom