Search results

1. T

Harman JBL refuses to give spinorama and polar diagram information to prospective HT customers

I swear I'm not trying to be 'that guy' haha but: Seems like they are referring to it as 12th Gen with MAT
  2. T

Mark Levinson 5909, new ANC wireless cans that advertise use of the Harman curve

Sigh, yes I obviously initiated said 'politicalness' :facepalm: Either way yes, dropping it is most likely the best outcome.
  3. T

Edifier MR-4 review (by Erin)

I think maybe something has been lost in translation here? I get the impression what changer meant was more along the lines of 'don't take it to heart' or 'do not consider it a criticism of yourself'? Perhaps I'm misinterpreting though!
  4. T

8030Cisopod cracks after 1 year

+1 doesn't look like cracks to me
  5. T

Khadas Tea - New smartphone dac and amplifier

Maybe, I think it would be difficult for a relatively small company like Khadas to have much of an impact on this, you need some of the bigger players to get involved to show/convince the majority it is something they want. I think the current offering probably has more desirable aspects to the...
  6. T

Khadas Tea - New smartphone dac and amplifier

You'd be disrupting a miniscule market though. Even within the niche audiophile hobby, the amount of people that use those features on their headphones is tiny (I'm not saying they aren't useful or good).
  7. T

Great Record Labels

Pretty well known but XL and Rough Trade spring to mind. They are under the same Beggars Group umbrella as 4AD
  8. T

Mark Levinson 5909, new ANC wireless cans that advertise use of the Harman curve

I've no interest in ANC or Wireless cans personally but he said no EQ, so presumably you can at least count DSP out =]
  9. T

Will you stop using Spotify now? Vote

Because it's a common trope that people roll out to defend something there is no evidence of. It's also fairly irrelevant because I'm sure the vast majority of people here are not listening with $10 earbuds but significantly more expensive and supposedly higher end gear. I'm open to the idea...
  10. T

How do you watch youtube and other music videos?

Gotcha, yeh watching youtube in general is definitely a very different beast. Tbh I didn't think many people watched music videos anymore so it's quite interesting to see. I realise there are music videos with billions of views on youtube but I think very very few people are watching the video...
  11. T

How do you watch youtube and other music videos?

When you say 'youtube or other music videos', is this just referring to watching specifically music videos on youtube or watching youtube in general?
  12. T

boXem ARTHUR 2408/N2 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Great results as expected, by far and away the best looking hypex based amp imo. Definitely plan to pick one of these up at some point in the future (probably the purifi), and I notice UK delivery has been added to the site =].
  13. T

Gustard X18 Review (Stereo DAC)

No haha, the chap I was replying to was talking about issues with products/firmware etc, that kind of stability.
  14. T

Sure I wasn't really comparing the two, more so just making a general statement which I probably should have made clearer. All I know is that software/firmware is complicated and bugs are common and can be difficult to spot without substantial testing! I don't know, I wouldn't consider myself...
  15. T

?? I thought it was quite clear I was referring to increasing complexity within technology and consumer products, I'm not sure you've understood what I was saying. For example an iPhone is much more complex than a 3310.
  16. T

As is the case for every consumer product ever, especially within technology and as things have increased in complexity. Regardless of how extensive your internal and possibly even external testing is, it is always going to be orders of magnitude smaller than the amount of consumers that test it...
  17. T

SMSL D300 Review (Balanced DAC)

No, that is a very uncommon feature for any dac to have tbh (I'm not saying there aren't any, just very few). However you can adjust the brightness and also an amount of time in seconds for the screen to turn off after if the controls are idle.
  18. T

SMSL D300 Review (Balanced DAC)

Just to give some feedback, I have had the SU-9n for about 3 weeks or so now and have been very pleased with it; impressive build quality, uses neutrik connectors and feels very solid. Cost me about £256 or $330 due to 11.11 and another discount. It measures better overall than this but I doubt...
Top Bottom