Search results

1. B

What’s special about ‘digital coax’?

Oh, good to know, thanks. I thought that having a continuous stream, as long as the signal is digital 0/1 will be always as the source will deliver, not a question of clarity. In this case, only a measurement test will tell how ‘clear’ is the sound, comparing a Coax with a Toslink.
  2. B

What’s special about ‘digital coax’?

@Kijanki Thank you for your feedback. I have to recognise that there are technical details not so easy for me to be fully processed. On the other hand, I ended up purchasing and testing 3 regular cheap Toslink cables (Techlink Wires1st, Ugreen, Vention) different lengths up to 2m and the Dac...
  3. B

Christmas music

I have 2 fav Christmas jazzy songs. Till Brönner is the artist, White Christmas Stille Nacht (from the latest album)
  4. B

Apple Music Hi-Res Audio Playback Methods Agglomeration

@Transmaniacon By the way, using the Satechi R2 if you keep the ‘next/previous’ button pushed is it possible to seek into the song bar forward and backwards ? Thanks
  5. B

What Apple Airport do I need for Streaming Apple Music?

If you are using iOS/iPadOS and you are OK with lossless 16/44.1, it looks like that's the way : iOS (iPhone)/ iPadOS (iPad), Apple Music via AirPlay > AirPort Express AirPlay 1 (lossless compression) ALAC 16/44.1 > DAC. Using this scheme, anything above CD Quality will be resampled to 16/44.1...
  6. B

Indeed. May be the front USB port of A14 not capable of more than 44.1.
  7. B

The above test @ kenrockwell page is made using iTunes via MAC Pro. According to this post, using macOS, AirPlay 2 will always be lossless. On the other hand, if we are using iOS, iPadOS / tvOS / HomePodOS, AirPlay2 will use lossy compression and 16/44.1 also could be lossy AAC as far as I've...
  8. B

A14 display any info regarding the sample rate and bits if you play for example a 24/192 song from Apple Music via iPhone/iPad > Airport Express > Optical out > A14? Thanks,
  9. B

Apple Music Lossless + Apple TV 4K + Airplay + Airport Express (version 1)

May be but I'm not using Apple TV. Yamaha WXC-50 is a streamer, using AirPlay 1, that's why I am confused. By the way folks, reading post #10 I understand that using iOS/iPadOS there is no chance at the moment to stream via AirPlay 2 lossless content. Using macOS on the other hand, will allow...
  10. B

Thanks, good to know. Anyway, as far as I understand, A1392 could be used with AirPlay 1 or 2 (updating the firmware) and if something goes wrong, the firmware could be rolled back to AirPlay 1, is that right?
  11. B

Indeed, I was so excited too reading about Belkin Connect. The point is that (in my case at least) will output 16/48 not 16/44.1 which makes me think that the signal will be altered. At that price I prefer AirPort Express A1264 which is AirPlay 1 (16/44.1) or a firmware upgraded A1392 which...
  12. B

@gags11, would you please share with me, using the iPhone/iPad (Apple Music) > AirPlay > AirPort Express A1392 > Toslink , we are able to change the volume in Apple Music or it's fixed at maximum ? Using AirPort express A1392, latest firmware update to AirPlay 2, Apple Music in the above setup...
  13. B

There is a difference, depending on what you are looking for. There are a lot of discussions on this. Apple Music via AirPlay 1 will send ALAC 16/44.1 lossless and lossy AAC via AirPlay 2 but according to some late discussions that I’ve found on roon forum, this it looks like it’s about to be...
  14. B

Digital out : Yamaha wxc50, skysong , Douk U2 - soundreview.

Unfortunately… WXC-50 will follow the source signal in Player mode for all the inputs except AirPlay. I think that we have already discussed this here.
  15. B

Digital out : Yamaha wxc50, skysong , Douk U2 - soundreview.

Not really, iPhone Apple Music > AirPlay > WXC-50 Pre-amp (or Player mode), will be modified at 16/48.
  16. B

Bits are NOT bits ….. or ?

In Player mode, the Apple Music ALAC sent via AirPlay 1, it will be resampled to 16/48. The other lossless sent to WXC-50 via USB for example in Player mode, will have the sample rate unchanged (as the original source files). No volume control in Player mode.
  17. B

Bits are NOT bits ….. or ?

By the way regarding the buggy app, if you use the ethernet cable, will be just fine. Indeed on wifi could be a pain depending on the position relative to the router, specially when we are using the internet radio, I have no idea why ( could be wifi interferences with near power cables or...
  18. B

Cheap but non-degrading solution to add volume control between dac and amp.

I have a question somehow related. How about a not so expensive digital volume solution, remote controlled between the source and the dac Optical or Coax in/ out, did anyone find and use it? There is no PC in this chain. Thanks, I already have an amp with volume control but I’ve found that...
  19. B

AirPlay issue - skipping first seconds of songs

| The airplay 1 in my Yamaha also works fine.. What Yamaha device do you have?
Top Bottom