Search results

1. mk1classic

Hifiman Arya Review (headphone)

Thanks for the review! An off-topic response: At first glance, it doesn't look like an optical illusion. But I expect @amirm would have reacted if one of the 3.5mm connectors would point down and forward, while the other one rearwards. Note, the egg-shaped earpiece would not fit upside down...
  2. mk1classic

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

Can @JohnYang1997 or anyone else confirm if the COAX input is async or does it have a fix "time offset"? I see the possibility to use two or more with SHD Studio or another USB to multichannel COAX output unit for multi-channel active speaker setup.
  3. mk1classic

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Alternative SMPS suppliers for Class D amp kits? I've been lately looking at building a low powered multichannel Purifi amp for use with compression drivers. The Hypex SMPS1200A100 would be nice, but it looks like Hypex has stopped selling it or limiting private sale. This would have...
  4. mk1classic

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

As long as they provide the THD vs Watt curves for different loads, frequencies etc we are OK. It doesn't matter what they indicate as MAX we do usually not play music continues at these levels. I'm happy as long as we stay away from this kind of Watt indications...:rolleyes::D
  5. mk1classic

It's more powerful and looks to be a nice contender for use on heavier load speakers, or a bass amplifier in a multichannel setup, or as a high power bridged unit with a suitable controller / buffer stage.
  6. mk1classic

Matching Topping Pre90 / 1ET400A / Focal Aria 906 or KEF R3

Ideally you should use an input buffer. If you look at @tomchr and his Neurochrome input buffer you can chose to set it up with a unity gain and get only 13.2db amplifier gain with the Hypex SMPS and the 1ET400A amp stages.
  7. mk1classic

Pros/Cons Of Neurochrome 686 vs Purifi EVAL1 Builds

A comment from @tomchr on EVAL-1 vs 686 here
  8. mk1classic

Electromagnetic Interference in Speaker Cables? (video)

A side note. Maybe you should invite Dave Rat over for some testing with real equipment... He does simplified tests on mile of cables in series coiled up. This is how they do it in PA world :)
  9. mk1classic

March Audio P451 Purifi 1ET400A Mono Blocks

A little off-topic but this shows how it should be done for amplifier designs with balanced connections only. RCA to XLR vs XLR to RCA will require different connections internally. See how Benchmark have two different cables, with floating screen and without. BENCHMARK RCA TO XLRM ADAPTER...
  10. mk1classic

I see in hindsight I shouldn't have written the response above, as this is a highly flammable topic on a forum as ASR. I was not talking about supplier marketing texts or scientific tests. This was based on responses from a few lucky users in Norway testing the different samples in their homes...
  11. mk1classic

Testers of the new Vera Audio amplifiers indicate a difference in the sound to the better when comparing the latest Purifi-Audio based Vera Audio P150/600 RS vs the more powerful Hypex based Vera Audio P400/1000. Minute differences, but enough to go for the 1ET400A amp with less power.
  12. mk1classic

DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core Room EQ Review

The sensitivity doesn't mater much when the digital Toslink input gives more or less the same output as the 3.9v input without clipping errors.
  13. mk1classic

There's no problem having too much power as long as you don't use it all at the same time. Too little is more a problem... if you play loud. The question is; What is your preferred listening volume in your room, and how much headroom do you need?
  14. mk1classic

New integrated from miniDSP: SHD Power

The way MiniDSP have shown the SHD Power connected to subwoofers, they use the AES/EBU digital out into their PWR-ICE subwoofer plate amplifiers with AES/EBU inputs. This reduces additional AD/DA converters in the chain of components.
  15. mk1classic

New integrated from miniDSP: SHD Power

One can wonder if they use an integrated I2S chip amp, as they only indicate a CS43130 DAC chip for the sub-out on the datasheet
  16. mk1classic

Purifi PTT6.5W04-01A 6.5" midwoofer

What about the Volt midrange dome driver as a replacement? https://www.wilmslowaudio.co.uk/volt---vm527-vm752-and-vm753-39-c.asp
  17. mk1classic

Purifi PTT6.5W04-01A 6.5" midwoofer

It looks like they use a FaitalPro FD371 https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/specs/294-1000-faitalpro-fd371-8-specification.pdf
  18. mk1classic

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

@dualazmak Why not make your own thread in the Member Area where you describe your total setup and plans for system, and leave a link in this thread for reference? I'm interested in all technical solutions and your digital/analogue combination is one of a kind, but this thread is originally the...
Top Bottom