Search results

1. P

20 year old flagship speaker vs today's best $2500 or under?

Hi everyone I'm currently in the market for a new pair of speakers to replace my Forte IIIs, budget is $2500. I keep debating with myself and thought I'd let you guys join in too. Get a 20 year old high-end flagship or the best $2500 or under pair you can get bookshelf or tower. Examples of...
  2. P

Current ESS Speaker Offerings

Good day everyone! I was on Facebook last night and got an ad for an interesting ESS Speaker. It was their AMT RM II-6 with dual 6" woofer and their Heil AMT in a wave guide. $1225 / pair. Anyone heard them? I'm not seeing any review or YouVideos for them. How about their other models...
  3. P

Does it matter if an amp has a linear power supply vs switching power supply? Starke AD4.320 vs NCore and ICEedge

Good day, I'm looking for a new amp and am seriously considering the new breed of Class Ds such as Hypex NCore, ICEPower ICEedge, and the seeming unique Starke Sound AD4.320 with NS600 Class D amp mods. Starke makes some interesting claims that made me wonder on the effect of the power supply...
Top Bottom