Search results

1. P

Arendal Sound

I'm excited my 1723-monitor-thx comes on Tuesday but now of course a used pair of Revel F206 pop up locally for under $2k. Ugh choices choices
  2. P

20 year old flagship speaker vs today's best $2500 or under?

Wow these guys have some interesting products that seem to be very high value as well as measure great.
  3. P

Hey thanks so much for this! I'm seriously considering your recommendations.
  4. P

So I assume you are trying to make the point once an amazing speaker always an amazing speaker?
  5. P

JBL HDI-1600 Speaker Review

Makes sense, certainly the biggest advantage of the 3600 is its bass response and increased sensitivity allowing for more dynamics.
  6. P

What do you like so much about the KEF? Why it over say a KEF R3? Oh and I have no problem finding a pair of these. Buddy has a pair for sale with stands in good condition for $2k.
  7. P

Based on the measurements that old Revels and KEFs have bass, Revel more then the KEF. Regardless I'd cross over at 80 hz so the need for bass is low.
  8. P

I hear you man, so how does the 1600 compare to the 3600 in your view?
  9. P

SS,VTV Stereo Amplifier based on Hypex NCore NC252MP. Again, great speak but I should have expected what I got with the mid-80s db sensitivity.
  10. P

I recently got a pair of HDI-1600 to try out. A few quick comments. -They were very easy to setup. Put them on stands, toe them in, bam! Amazing imaging and sound stage. Phantom center was strong. -No grain or grit to the sound at all. -Highs were laid back for sure, too much to my taste...
  11. P

Arendal Sound

It's not a free shipping return. For the US shipping back is about $350. Not horrible for such and extended trial period. I have mine on order, should get delivered this month.
  12. P

I'd like a more accurate speaker with better imaging. I love the live sound of the Fortes though. It's all about trade offs right?
  13. P

Say out of curiosity I contacted Revel to see if they have tweeter and woofer available still and they do. Does knowing their are part's available change your thinking at all?
  14. P

I've never heard of these, I'll look into them.
  15. P

Not sure what you are getting at here, my only mention of Klipsch was what I'm replacing. Can you clarify?
  16. P

Gotcha thanks all! If there aren't parts available it certainly doesn't make sense to invest $2k in a time bomb. I now have some Arendal 1723 Monitors on order. I've also reached out to Revel and Kef to see if they are have parts available just incase. How do you think the over all...
  17. P

Hi everyone I'm currently in the market for a new pair of speakers to replace my Forte IIIs, budget is $2500. I keep debating with myself and thought I'd let you guys join in too. Get a 20 year old high-end flagship or the best $2500 or under pair you can get bookshelf or tower. Examples of...
  18. P

Current ESS Speaker Offerings

Good day everyone! I was on Facebook last night and got an ad for an interesting ESS Speaker. It was their AMT RM II-6 with dual 6" woofer and their Heil AMT in a wave guide. $1225 / pair. Anyone heard them? I'm not seeing any review or YouVideos for them. How about their other models...
  19. P

Quick KEF R3 vs Reference 201/2 vs LS50 measurements

My room is 3000 cubic feet, 22x18, 8.5 feet listening distance. Is that too big?
  20. P

Quick KEF R3 vs Reference 201/2 vs LS50 measurements

Crazy I found this threads as I've been trying to figure out if I would want to get one of these three Kef's to replace my Forte IIIs. Seems the LS50 would be the least viable options. Both the used 201/2 pair with stands for $2200 or white R3 for $1325. Thoughts?
Top Bottom