Search results

1. HooStat

GGNTKT M2 yes M2

What are they made of?
  2. HooStat

GGNTKT M2 yes M2

I have to say that these are the most interesting speakers I have seen (for my use case anyway). I can't wait to see more.
  3. HooStat

Tube Rolling: Does it Make a Difference?

Makes me want to see active speakers designed using tubes. Just for the visual of a speaker with tubes sticking out of it.
  4. HooStat

JBL Stage 135C Review (Center Speaker)

The KEF bookshelf speakers also work great as centers. I picked up a Q100 pair for $140 (used) and use one as a center. So it is possible to get a decent speaker for center channel use relatively inexpensively. Sometimes accessories4less sells single units of the Q150 (and maybe the Q350) and...
  5. HooStat

JBL Stage 135C Review (Center Speaker)

I have been meaning to put together a list of all of the "seemingly appropriately designed" center channels, including 3-way center channels and 2-way or 3way speakers that use concentric drivers. It isn't a long list, but it is bigger than one might think. KEF center channels plus most of...
  6. HooStat

GGNTKT M2 yes M2

I agree. My only wish is that the electronics were housed in a separate unit like the M1. But it isn't a big deal. I am definitely keeping an eye on these.
  7. HooStat

Genelec 8361 speaker stands

Yes. I have the 26791 which seems plenty for home use (sitting on a normal sofa or chair).
  8. HooStat

Speaker Recommendations Please

I made this exact same decision. I listened to the Dutch & Dutch next to the Mesanovics. But the room was so terrible, I couldn't really make an informed decision. I will say that the Dutch & Dutch could fill the room with bass with no problem and it was a huge room (warehouse, actually)...
  9. HooStat

JBL HDI-4500 Center Channel Speaker Review

@dfuller Are there test results for the SVS Ultra Center? That always seems like a good choice to me too. I know Amir tested the bookshelves and they looked pretty good.
  10. HooStat

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

I am 12 feet away and they are PLENTY loud.
  11. HooStat

There are definitely reasons. The primary one being that it isn't easy to wirelessly control GLM (and hence power and volume). And if you already have a great DAC (which is most recent DACs), why bother with the hassle?
  12. HooStat

I hear no hissing at all from mine. I have not specifically put my ear to them, but they seem dead quiet to me.
  13. HooStat

See this thread: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/genelec-8361-speaker-stands.27376/ If you order directly from Thomann, they are half of the price that they are in the US. If you are in the US, you can get the stands, no problem. You can't get the Genelec-designed...
  14. HooStat

They are very heavy for their size -- and because they are rounded, it can be tricky to move them around. I am hoping to set mine up properly this weekend. It is nice to see the objective data on them. Thanks to @amirm and @echopraxia for making this happen.
  15. HooStat

Genelec 8351B Teardown (2nd Disassembled)

It is what it is -- the company has been kind enough to answer the question multiple times, which is more than most companies will do. They are under no obligation to do anything more. It doesn't seem to make sense to keep asking the same question and hoping for a different answer.
  16. HooStat

Recommendations for active near field speakers

Depending on the distance you are from them, the Genelec 8341 are also excellent. You might have enough to get a sub with those and stay at your budget.
  17. HooStat

Wireless Television Audio thru KEF LS50WII?

Check your TV settings to see if you can set a video delay. Some TVs allow this.
  18. HooStat

Eventually. I have only listened to them a little bit. Have not set up GLM yet. I don't have a music source other than the TV hooked up to them at the moment. I wasn't planning on getting these, but I found a black pair that was in stock, and I was afraid that Genelec might increase prices...
  19. HooStat

Just to close this out in case somebody has the question in the future. The stands are amazing. They are very solid and I have no concerns about tipping over in any realistic scenario. The base plate is bigger than I envisioned, and the post is very substantial -- pictures make the stands...
  20. HooStat

Perlisten speakers

I am curious as to how their center channel will measure (and what it costs). I would have preferred a horizontal version of their monitor but it doesn't look like one is available. Then one could easily match LCR and it would probably be less expensive.
Top Bottom