Search results

1. P

For Sale: Mint SMSL M400 Balanced MQA DAC (USA ONLY)

HW version 1.5 SW version 1.2 USB version: 2.06 I am located in San Diego, and if you are in the area you can do a local pickup. Otherwise, shipping would be $20.
  2. P

Recommendation request thread

I got my Arya, Topping A90, and SMSL M400 DAC (with FabFilter Pro-Q for EQ) and have enjoyed the setup. However, I have the budget to possibly swap out the headphones with something "better" (end game). I know the law of diminishing returns, so maybe there's not much to be gained over the Arya...
  3. P

For Sale: Mint SMSL M400 Balanced MQA DAC (USA ONLY)

In mint condition, a SMSL M400 MQA DAC. Includes original boxes, manual, remote, power cord, Bluetooth antenna, etc. One of the best DACs on the market for the price. Asking $680 USD, shipped to USA ONLY, ground service. Original owner, and light usage.
  4. P

Headphone Correction & Spatialization

yes, just download and register and you get a free 30-day trial.
  5. P

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

Would you mind sharing your Canopener settings that you find most appealing? I already have Fabfilter Pro Q3, and interested in even more fine-tuning.
  6. P

SMSL SP400 Balanced Headphone Amplifier THX AAA

I tried the SP400 with my M400, and my Arya headphones needed the volume up to 75-80 for pleasant listening (high gain). I also have a Topping A90, and for the same volume (in high gain) the dial only needs to be at 11 o'clock. My SP400 is still within the return window from Amazon, and I'm...
  7. P

AirPod Pro alternative

The Jabra Elite 85t might fit the bill. $189 on Amazon US, which is more than your $125 target, but less than the AirPods Pro.
  8. P

Topping a90 volume issue

MacBook Pro via USB to SMSL M400. For EQ I use FabFilter Pro-Q3 + SoundSource on the Mac.
  9. P

Topping a90 volume issue

I have the SMSL M400 DAC + Topping A90 via XLR with Arya headphones. With that stack I only need to turn up the volume on the A90 to about 11 o'clock to be MORE than plenty loud.
  10. P

So I've had the M400 DAC and A90 combo for a couple of months and was quite happy. But I decided to give the SP400 a whirl, as I'm a bit OCD and I'd like a matching set. I have the Hifiman Arya headphones (via balanced XLR), which are quite power hungry. In high gain mode I have to bump up the...
  11. P

Right the only thing to improve is aesthetics ....matching devices. Sonically I agree...there's nothing really to improve upon.
  12. P

I'm very interested to see how the SP400 compare to the Topping A90. I have the M400 DAC, and the A90. Purely for aesthetics I'd like a matching M400/SP400. But I do like the build quality and sound of my A90 + Arya headphones.
  13. P

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

What are the big differences, if any, between the SU-9 and the M400? I know the chipsets are different...AKM vs. ESS, but what are the real world feature/sound differences?
  14. P

[FS] Monolith by Monoprice THX AAA 887 Headphone Amp

Whoops..updated the ad. Asking $325 + shipping. Original triple boxes.
  15. P

[FS] Monolith by Monoprice THX AAA 887 Headphone Amp

Monolith by Monoprice THX AAA Balanced Headphone Amplifier featuring THX AAA 887 Technology. New in box. 3 year warranty by Monoprice, and receipt is included. 2 years and 11 months are left. Comes with all original packaging (triple boxed), including cloth pouch and AC adapter. One of the...
  16. P

Exactly. I base my purchase decisions on hard facts, reviews, and personal opinions from boards like this. I don't have time for trolls that say read 71 pages of posts to weed out what may or may not be good/bad aspects of an amp or better choices. So silly.
  17. P

D90 mqa vs M400, which one should I use?

Just got my A90 today, and it's great! Better build quality than the Monoprice THX 887. Plus now I can put my M400 in pre-mode and not overload the amp. Win win!
  18. P

No thanks. If you can't be specific and name better alternatives at a similar price point then I have zero time to waste on this subject. Be specific on the shortcomings and better options. Good day!
  19. P

Again, you aren't specific with the 'build quality flaws' that you have with the A90. Exactly what build quality issues do you have and what amp at a similar price point is "better" in your opinion?
Top Bottom