Search results

1. wseroyer

Yamaha RX-A8A (Japanese website)

Yamaha will fix it, i'm sure of it, it's not like they are known for releasing poor measuring AVR's and doing nothing about it.
  2. wseroyer

Marantz AV8805A Review (AV Processor)

sure, Gene over at audioholics loves monoprice monolith amps and they measure well, the one he measured was older and they have balanced xlr inputs now. https://www.audioholics.com/amplifier-reviews/monoprice-monolith-7-channel-amplifier-review
  3. wseroyer

Auro upmixing questions

You should try putting your center under the TV and going for center height speaker AURO 3D and DTS:X will take advantage of it.
  4. wseroyer

Rear height placement to work with Auro 3D and Atmos

Personally I think it sounds better to point the tweeter at the listener no matter what set up your using, pointing the tweeter at the floor in front of the listener just doesn't make any since to me.
  5. wseroyer

The VSX-LX505 or TX-RZ50

I agree its stupid that you have to pay for the app after you spend thousands with them for the AVR, but from what Audysessy has said, the app gives you a much better calibration because it uses your cellphone's much more powerful processor to do all of the calculations and room corrections.
  6. wseroyer

The VSX-LX505 or TX-RZ50

I know your not asking me, but Pioneer Elite is basically just Onkyo now days, sad how far they have fallen from what they used to be, why do you want to sell you x3700h?
  7. wseroyer

Denon AVR-A110

Shane also loves Audioquest cables and doesn't EQ subs when he test them because he thinks it's "cheating", he has nice videos, but I don't consider his opinion to be worth much of anything.
  8. wseroyer

Denon AVR-A110

I'm pretty sure the AVR-A110 is just a x8500h that's been murdered out for $1500 more, I doubt there's any real audible difference or its something only "golden ears" could make up in their head. what's funny is if you where in the market for a x8500HA you'd have to get a A110 because Denon is...
  9. wseroyer

Dolby height speakers for room with high ceiling

tonality, they actually sound pretty good, I think its because my high layer is all the same speaker and my bed layer is the same speaker I have them crossed over at 100hz, they work fine for airplanes and bullets wizzing over my head, where I really notice them is in Atmos Music, they aren't...
  10. wseroyer

This won't work, I tried it, thought the same thing, it only used my front height's for ATMOS content.
  11. wseroyer

I just did this in my room using a Denon AVR x4700h as well, mount them to the ceiling using a speaker ceiling mount and point them down at the listening position using a laser pointer to get the tweeter angle correct, make sure you have the back high channels set to "REAR HEIGHT" in the AVR and...
  12. wseroyer

Dolby height speakers for room with high ceiling

I'm using 5 cheap as dirt Polk Audio OWM3 for my height channels, they work well, but combined with my Klipsch KL-650-THX speakers they are a bit lacking in the horn department, and just can't keep up, not sure what I should upgrade them to I was thinking about the Klipsch RP-500SA's, but they...
  13. wseroyer

The VSX-LX505 or TX-RZ50

I think the Yamaha RX-A6A is going to be the one to get.
  14. wseroyer

Denon HDMI 2.1 bug fixed internally on later AVR-xX700h models?

nope, any receiver made after may of 2021 has the bug fix.
  15. wseroyer

Denon Replaces AKM AK4458 DAC IC in X4700H and X6700H

I bought my 4700 in May of 2021 for $1399, i'm so glad I didn't wait till CEDIA 2021 to see what the new models that where never announced would look like. I'm feeling pretty good about my decision now, because my biggest concern with the 4700 was it only having one HDMI 2.1 input but they have...
  16. wseroyer

Stereophile are a bunch of golden ears who worship cables and don't care about measurements or science, I wouldn't take anything they say very seriously.
  17. wseroyer

Hey FOMO, i'm never on topic when I talked to you on ASR, but I just want you to know I loved your coverage of the "king of TV's" shootout and you had fantastic color commentary, it was a really fun day for me, I listened to most of the coverage. I know your mainly a TV only focused channel, but...
  18. wseroyer

Hit the "option" button the the remote and see if you have a option for "speaker preset"
  19. wseroyer

Yes I always have it in ECO "Auto" and I have a AC Infinity Aircom T8 on top of it, it just runs very hot and heats my room up when i'm watching movies or playing games, i'm not worried about it over heating, 9 power amps in a 7ch box are just going to create a lot of heat regardless of what I do.
  20. wseroyer

Dealers / You Tubers are nothing more then a extension of D/M marketing department it's why they "hear" a drastic difference between Denon and Marantz and will say BS like "the Marantz is more musical and warm sounding" what does that even mean? my x4700h plays music just fine and it gets very...
Top Bottom