Search results

1. S

Amp/DAC for Adam A7X + Adam T10s + HD6XX

what's the difference between the two? and what would make them a better choice than the audient or focusrite?
  2. S

So you too would suggest to go balanced? I am still sceptical about the audient though. I guess it's just because I am very inexperienced with audio interfaces. But am I not paying for a lot of things I don't need? Like instrument and mic input. Also HA isn't that important to me. I use speakers...
  3. S

Why do I need balanced though? If I get noise I'll just get a behringer hd400.
  4. S

okay nevermind, have decided on the topping e30 + l30 or dx7 pro. Still debating between the two.
  5. S

I sadly don't have a type c output. I have one on my case but my motherboard doens't support it. But why is type so important? I have plenty usb 3.1 type a plugs. Isn't speed the deciding factor not format? I have an optical out though. Right now I only have the interface integrated in my...
  6. S

Hello good people, My Adam A7X and T10s sub will arrive soon. I am still in need of a better audio interface so I came here for advice. Basically I need a DAC to connect to my PC and a Headphone amp to feed my HD6XX and ideally also connect to the A7X at the same time. In terms of budget I...
  7. S

Give me your opinion on my listening impressions!

no, confirm or compare to what you maybe heard. Give me insight and useful information on my buying decision and long time use. Stuff really helpful people in this thread already mentioned. I don't know if you mean their room or my room, so I'll just send both. Their room: My room: The...
  8. S

ohh thank you so much! that's actually pretty important information. I'll be on the lookout when buying them if they fit my taste. If not I still can go with the gens.
  9. S

Hello beautiful people, I just had the chance today to get a drive to Thomann, which is europes biggest music store. I am a student, I don't have a drivers license or a car and you cant really get there by public transport, so obviously I took the chance. I was mainly interested in listening...
  10. S

Genelec 8040 vs 8030 vs Neumann KH 120

yeah that makes sense. Thing is I'll purchase the monitors online from thomann because I don't own a car and getting to the next store which sells genelecs which actually is the thomann store is basically impossible without a car. ohh thanks for the tip on the 30 day trial! It would be perfect...
  11. S

I looked out for rental service but there is none available sadly. I think I'm going with th 8030C and then will purchase a minidsp umik-1 and try to REW it myself. I study media technology with focus on audio so maybe I'll even be able to write my bachelor degree on that topic. With that setup...
  12. S

Hmmm I'd have to save 2 months more with my current job but if that's worth it... I guess I could also purchase the 8330 first and the next month the glm. Is the bass as good or similar to the kh 120 and 8040 or would I need a sub? Yeah that's true it was fairly noisy in the store. what makes...
  13. S

the kali look good, but I'd preferably hear them myself before buying them. Unfortunately the 8330A + GLM kit would really break the bank at 1850€. Yeah they are pretty old, but I don't really care about that as long as they are good and fit my taste. I also didn't really notice hiss but that...
  14. S

Hey everyone, Since I want a new pair of speakers I went to a music store today to hear some nearfield monitors. I need them just to enjoy Music, Gaming, watching movies and general entertainment stuff on my PC setup. I won't produce my own music for now, though I'd like to get into modular...
  15. S

Isolating a wall to my roommate

yeah that's what I found too! For what you get the price is okay but a little too high for my budget :/
  16. S

First of all thanks for all the answers! That is really dissapointing to hear. I sadly don't really have the means, money and tools to just install a dry wall. I am going to look up the kits that @digitalfrost mentioned, but I don't have much hope. Thanks!
  17. S

Hey there, I recently moved into a shared flat. The problem is that the wall to my roommate's room does not insulate noise at all. I'm quite nocturnal and often stay up late at night with friends in voice chat, while she wants to go to sleep earlier. Even when I almost whisper she hears it...
  18. S

Searching for some budget near-field monitors

Yeah I noticed that pretty fast when I started looking for a Dac + Amp, cheapest being schiit modius + magnius. What I plan on doing now is purchase the speakers and try them via a trs to xlr cable. If I get noise I'll purchase the behringer, if not I'm gonna stay with that till I upgrade to a...
  19. S

1. My Motherboard is pretty new and high quality so I think the quality of my onboard audio should be decent. Still, I am planning to upgrade my headphone setup anyway so might as well purchase a dac/amp combo with balanced out with it. 2. Sadly, the door of my room is righ in the middle of the...
  20. S

Ohhhh, now I understand! Thanks for the explanation! So if the bass would not be enough for me, could I still connect a sub somehow?
Top Bottom