Search results

1. K

Binaural blind comparison test of 4 loudspeakers

Nothing on the above? If anyone still has the recordings/file, will it be possible for you to reupload it if it isn't too much of an issue?
  2. K

Binaural blind comparison test of 4 loudspeakers

Are the recordings still available? When I click on the download link in the first post it states "File Not Found".
  3. K

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

Isn't the Lyngdorf MP-60 up there with the Altitude16 as well? As far as I know, Lyngdorf processors also measure well.
  4. K

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

Not sure if its been already discussed but any comments on how the MP-60 would compare to the Altitude16?
  5. K

9.4.6 in a 12 ft long x 10.2 ft wide x 9.5 ft high room

If I instead get the 708i for LCR and the 705i for everywhere else, the 705i shouldn't have an issue with keeping up with the 708i during "spirited" listening sessions, right? The 708i LCR/705i everywhere else is a common combo so I am assuming "no"?
  6. K

Based on the responses here and elsewhere, I'm thinking I could get away with the JBL 708i as LCR and the 705i everywhere else. Should save quite a lot of money and space.
  7. K

Can you actually have worse bass response in a room by having too many subwoofers? Or are more subwoofers better regardless of room size and everything else?
  8. K

Here's a rough/not-to-scale drawing of the room. Purple = TV Green = Floor speakers Black = Overhead speakers Red = Subwoofers
  9. K

I'll see if I can post a quick/crude graphic of the room. Only have Microsoft Paint on my PC.
  10. K

Is this a good or even possible idea? I've seen 9.1.6 done in a 12 ft x 12 ft room and 7.2.4 done in a 10.8 ft x 8.2 ft room so I guess it is possible? What do you guys think? I am planning on using the JBL 708i all around with 4 subwoofers (2 up front and 2 at the rear). The 708i is a wide...
  11. K

Speaker measurements vs. actual perceived audio characteristics

It's a hypothetical question. But I've seen JBL and Genelec speakers with similar "flatness" in CEA2034 measurements but with comments stating that Genelecs are considered bright.
  12. K

Okay, there seems to be a slight confusion regarding what I meant. When I stated "measurements", I really meant frequency response graphs such as the following:
  13. K

If a ported and sealed subwoofer have the same measurements (along with position in room and everything else), they will sound the same? I thought ported subwoofers offered more tactile response compared to sealed subwoofers. How does a subwoofer sounding "thick" or "bloaty" vs. "clean" or...
  14. K

Didn't know that. So are you saying that if the measurements were identical, they would actually sound the same? How come that doesn't work for subwoofers?
  15. K

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but say that two different speakers from two different brands have the same measurements. How come they still end up sounding different? If measurements don't fully indicate the audio characteristics, why place so much weight on them? Or maybe they do sound...
  16. K

JBL 708P Review (Professional Monitor)

What distance are distortion tests taken from on ASR? Are they all from 1 meter?
  17. K

Crown DCi DA and DCi N amps

The DA model supports Dante/AES67 and the N model supports BLU link (otherwise the amps are the same). Does anyone know what DACs are in these amps? Say I have an MP-60 processor and utilize an AES67 connection to a DCi DA amp. Would I be "wasting" the MP-60 by bypassing its DAC and using the...
  18. K

JBL SSW-2

Anyone have any experience with this subwoofer? If so, any comments/opinions? https://www.jblsynthesis.com/products/loudspeakers/type/subwoofers/SSW-2-.html?dwvar_SSW-2-_color=Black-AM-Current&cgid=subwoofers
  19. K

How good is your hearing?

https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_frequencycheckhigh.php I start hearing around 17 kHz. I'm 36 years old. Back in 2013, I could hear around 18 kHz using this same test.
Top Bottom