Search results

1. R

Singxer SA-1 Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

I don't understand exactly what you connected and how. What do you mean by "and RCA + XLR using USB from my PC"? Or with "XLR only was the same with RCA + XLR, to my ear. RCA only was bigger power than all of them: XLR only or RCA + XLR. " What was connected, how and to which device?
  2. R

Looking for low-efficiency headphones (like HiFiMAN Susvara)

Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look at the Dan Clark.
  3. R

The software doesn't know what position the volume knob is in. Channel inequality fluctuates along the way, but it is especially strong at the beginning and at the end. You could swap the potentiometer for one with SMD resistors.
  4. R

Thank you very much for all the answers. The HE6 / SE / SE V2 is currently too expensive for me. The DT 800 with 600 ohms doesn't really load the amplifier. I was hoping that there would be headphones with low impedance and low efficiency up to € 300.00. If anyone still has an idea, I would be...
  5. R

Worlds Worst USB Interface?!

That will be a PCM2912 or something similar in economy circuit. What does that cost?
  6. R

I would like to have good and inefficient headphones so that I can listen to headphone amplifiers under real high loads.
  7. R

Perhaps an unusual concern, but I'm looking for headphones with low efficiency, such as HiFiMAN Susvara, just not that expensive. I would prefer a linear and balanced sound. Does anyone have a tip?
  8. R

Sabaj A10h Review (Headphone Amplifier)

I would also recommend the Sabaj A10h to you. I had the L30 and could compare it to the Sabaj A10h. Both are great in terms of sound. But of course the Sabaj A10h has, for me, the big advantage of a relay-based volume control with absolute channel equality at any volume. The remote control and...
  9. R

Class D amp long term reliability

Unfortunately, you are very much mistaken. Professionally, I deal with both heat dissipation and thermal insulation (computers / servers, industrial equipment, high-performance light generation, industrial ovens up to 1800 °, high-temperature 3D printing, etc.). Half a millimeter of dust can be...
  10. R

Is the chart for Balanced or SE? Perhaps the question is too vague. Which input and which output on the SA-1 was used?
  11. R

Study: Is I²S interface better for DACs than S/PDIF or USB?

In general about USB and in particular about USB audio: Unfortunately, USB is one of those narrow-track solutions / standards that has prevailed over better technologies such as FireWire due to its low price and the resulting rapidly growing wide range of products. USB was problematic from the...
  12. R

From the ADUM4160 data sheet "Low and full speed data rate: 1.5 Mbps and 12 Mbps" The specification you are assuming, and which is usually used in DACs, is USB 2.0 high-speed with 480 Mbps.
  13. R

I absolutely agree with you. Now comes the BUT, the differences I heard were audible in the resolution. That is, the details of recordings that I know very well were either not audible or only audible with an effort. Most of these devices also had problems if the cable was not "good". From my IT...
  14. R

Did I say otherwise? I only tried to show possibilities and approaches to the question asked, it does not help to interpret something purely. But Amir also tested a lot of bad to awful devices. And I already had devices on the table that sounded better via my USB -> I2S -> I2S / LVDS solution...
  15. R

Hope it was clear that this was only meant symbolically. It can also be 0.01%. But... ... it could also be worse than all other solutions. I don't know as I haven't tested it. As written in the previous post, whether or not it has an advantage can also depend on external circumstances. But I...
  16. R

It is not about myths or beliefs. This technology is all about being able to remove interference / interfering signals that scatter into the cable along the cable path from the useful signal. It doesn't matter whether the signal is digital or analog. It actually has nothing to do with the...
  17. R

Yes of course. It's always a matter of your attitude towards something, your priorities and your own possibilities. And, of course, whether you are willing to pay the price for the last 2%.
  18. R

Sabaj A10h Review (Headphone Amplifier)

You're right, it's not a given that it works the way you expect it to. Of course, the display and the volume should always match and I'm glad that it is. Does the potentiometer have an end stop or does it turn endlessly?
  19. R

Unfortunately, the high price is a fundamental problem and difficult to understand for end customers these days. A card like the Pink Faun I2S Bridge sells maybe 100 pieces per year (or less). This means that the entire development costs must be allocated to this number of units. In addition...
  20. R

SMSL SH-9 THX Headphone Amplifier Review

I would also advise you to use the SH-9. Integrated power supply, the relay based volume control is better than any potentiometer and the SH-9 played audibly better with my K812 and T50RP than the THX AAA 789 (my personal opinion). And with the performance you are well equipped for future...
Top Bottom