Search results

1. MacCali

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

15% off anything retail or sale price I believe, not clearance, at Listenup Until Monday night Polk Reserver R700 pair with discount 1494. Will add more as I find.
  2. MacCali

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

Yea, for real, that guy from iwi I think is his channel, was basically saying it's so good he bought the H90.. not that I can give a definitive fact that the h90 is worse, but I wouldn't doubt it honestly. He mentioned he borrowed it from a friend to do the review and he loves it so much and it...
  3. MacCali

Volumio Primo measurements

There website is extremely confusing, absolutely dont get what is going on. It says they are having a black friday special, and it's on sale for 449 euros. When I go to check out it says my total is 579.. and it's 10.79% off of 649.. where are they getting these numbers from, thin air? The...
  4. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

Now I got another question, I dont know if anyone is willing to give advice on it or not. Either way appreciate all the help thus far, it has been very beneficial to my pocket. But I see that Gustard X26 pro, and of course other units have it as well, the denafrips brought it to my attention...
  5. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

Oh that's sick, appreciate that too. Honestly, it may just be placebo, I got no clue. But ever since I started using coaxial, prior to my eitr honestly everything sounded better. I did get a 100 dollar msrp coaxial cable which is fairly old, I think maybe 5-10 years or so from a garage sale...
  6. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

I totally respect that, I saw your discussion above all my nonsense posts. Can you direct me towards the posts that may give more feedback and also what is the best then? AES? I actually prefer coaxial
  7. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

But do you understand what I am saying? The amplifier has a loop function, so I can feed the right channel a signal; then loop that right channel to the left channel input. Producing the same output. Isn't that virtually the same thing as running two speakers that are 6 ohms on one amp? The...
  8. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

I strongly agree with you, but again you must consider for me being so new to audio and trying to put this whole thing together is really tough. There are far too many variables. As mentioned in my post the irony is the same video that got me to purchase the pi2aes and the eitr to be frank...
  9. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

I got two HCA-1500a with THX Ultra certification, they measure the same thx certified, however they are newer models/less old. I bought an HCA-1000 for 300 and I really liked it. Used the[1000] on my Uni-fi 2.0's towers and honestly they sounded great. Right now I am exactly where I want to...
  10. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

Yea, youre actually right. LOL this video was the reason why I bought the Pi2AES, I am super out of it. But I think I watched this around when the video actually dropped. I just got my pi2aes. So I understand what that guy is mentioning at the top. Maxbuck. Well that was simple. Now I can...
  11. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

I've actually watch that before a long time ago, forgot about the bit perfect stuff. Yes, I will be running XLR
  12. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

Lol I don’t smoke crack but audio sure feels that way. Did I not mention my pi2aes via AES or Coaxial to the Gaia? Thought I did. Then the Gaia to the D70s via I2S or Co or AES Edit: I may add that my previous setup as my PC as a source was dramatically improved by adding a Schitt eitr. Which I...
  13. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

Hmmmmm I am looking at this right now... being cracked out and ready to waste more moneyo_O I am going to purchase a denafrips gaia or hermes, most likely gaia.. what I am contemplating is do I feed the dac with coax, AES EBU, or I2S. My current dac is the d70s and I really enjoy it a lot. I...
  14. MacCali

I’d get the 501 for sure, but if I were you I’d wait. Unless you really want a Yamaha, something better may pop off next week I think this year they’re starting Black Friday early cause they know everyone struggling with money. Not to poke fun but last year most people had a couple grand...
  15. MacCali

Drop sennheiser Black Friday prices 8xx 949 +8 other deals https://drop.com/all-communities/drops/sennheiser-deals
  16. MacCali

I think so, got mine for 600 o.o It's kind of strange though, I think all those units from adorama are just basically open box or refurbs idk with new outer shells. Cause the adorama edition is blueish. I've seen some people purchase it and it will take a dump really quick, but it is covered...
  17. MacCali

Bi-amping with loop out questions

of course, that is what I plan on doing, that's why I bought two. any thoughts on the crosstalk? via bi amping from a single amp Elac Adante AF-61, the tower speakers.
  18. MacCali

Bi-amping with loop out questions

Good day everyone, I am new to audio so please excuse the question. This is my first time bi-amping and I have a few questions. I just purchased two parasound HCA-1500's which I purchased to bi amp my 6 ohm speakers. From my understanding since my units have loop out I can loop my left...
  19. MacCali

Rega IO Review (stereo amplifier)

Man it’s not even that, they are probably aware that the product doesn’t measure well and many people will judge on that which is honestly realistic. Read post #231, makes it far more ridiculous. Musical Fidelity did the same bs, but they post measurements. I messaged them 3 times to provide...
Top Bottom