Search results

1. H

Manually time-aligning subwoofer(s) to mains - how to

The problem with the non flat and often different phase response is one reason I use the alignment tool in REW. Concerning the picture: isn't REW aiming for the first impulse that seems to be inverted?
  2. H

I would measure L+R combined but with the L+R speakers switched off or disconnected. This way you would also have the XO filter measured. Measuring the sub channel alone would not only result in a +10 db boost but also in an application of an LPF at 120Hz unless disabled in the AVR.
  3. H

I know but I meant it just to make it easier to interpret the graph and to judge how good the summation bn Subs and Mains works. edit: Application of HP and LP can be done via the EQ module in REW but I do not find any way to copy that prediction. Did a quick approach by first summing L and R...
  4. H

First you shuld measure with XO on. Your sub is also too loud by about 10 db. I would adjust it to the same level. Also A measurement of L and R simultaneously would be helpful because this is the scenario you want to optimize for.
  5. H

The "other" German Speaker Manufacturers (Canton, Magnat, Heco, Quadral, ...) - Where do they stand?

I would like to see some spins of the Nubert Nuvero series with BMR midrange drivers. They could be a good option with a very wide dispersion pattern. https://www.nubert.de/nuvero-60/p2146/?category=224
  6. H

AudioControl Maestro X9

It has a high SINAD but is ridden with bugs. A prime example why nobody should just look at SINAD league tables.
  7. H

AudioControl Maestro X9

Good luck! You will need it.
  8. H

AudioControl Maestro X9

Nope since the average SINAD on the AV40 does not look nice but has no impact on the actual sound quality.
  9. H

Perlisten speakers

@ctrl Actuall XTZ has a similar technique employed in their cinema series. They have a 2x3 array of tweeters where only one of them is playing all the way up to 20KHz and the other 5 are rolled of at 20KHz.
  10. H

Perlisten speakers

Yes, it would be nice to see a review of them.
  11. H

Perlisten speakers

And why would someone use this speaker without a crossover? Imo 12 db per octave is too shallow. One would have to use asymmetric crossovers to achieve 24 db per octave on both sides as a THX AVR offers. Then again, there are others speakers designed like this. For example the Arendals.
  12. H

Kanto YU6 Measurements (Powered Monitor)

*sigh* they should abandon the ported design in such small speakers.
  13. H

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

They have. But they do not have a proven technical knowledge to build an AVR with stable hdmi, several Codecs, room EQ, bass management etc. An AVR, even a minimalistic one, will always be a features game.
  14. H

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

And again, the real problem with many AVRs / PrePros is their operating stability (bugs). I doubt that a newcomer like topping would be able to reach the stability of a Denon AVR.
  15. H

Elac Reference UCR52 Review (Center Speaker)

Actually it looks like that the R3 on its side still performs better than the R2c. :D
  16. H

Elac Reference UCR52 Review (Center Speaker)

Actuall I wonder if one could just use an R3 as a center and call it a day.
  17. H

Sabaj A20d Review (Balanced DAC)

Does it have any other functionality than being a DAC?
  18. H

The VSX-LX505 or TX-RZ50

The Onkyo only has one trigger out. That's a bit meh for me. I don´t like messing around with Y-adaptors.
  19. H

The VSX-LX505 or TX-RZ50

Imo the Amp SINAD ist still OK.
Top Bottom