Search results

1. T

Marantz AV8805A Review (AV Processor)

Speakers do make the biggest difference in your room, but there are audible differences between Denon and Marantz at least in pure direct and between a SR7015 and X4700. Just go to a couple Best Buy Magnolia and listen in pure direct, you can literally switch back and forth within a second. When...
  2. T

Rather have the R&D spent on making the phone and web apps better. Seems like some thing I have to go to the app and other I need to do from the web, etc..
  3. T

I agree, yet somehow these devices have their own bits of character which most will probably never notice. Problem is I like certain aspects of the Denon and Marantz, but can’t have both in one unit…maybe I need to step up to Classe, yeah right lol
  4. T

That’s the problem with the Marantz. A lot think it sounds a little muffled. I believe this is due to the “warm” signature. Denon sound “clearer” because it’s a little more “lean”. I just bought the Marantz because it’s the best I could too with HDMI 2.1 and wanted the fuller midrange. To be...
  5. T

In pure direct, with the right track and if you can quickly change back and forth, I can totally tell the difference and I can only hear up to 14khz max. Denon has this interesting high frequency too (I would call it a hint of sparkle), which Marantz doesn’t have, but I prefer the fuller lower...
  6. T

Marantz is tuned to have a slightly “warmer” sounding tone. Denon will be a little clearer and slightly more punchy. This is all with pure direct enabled. All this could go out the door after Audyssey is enabled for I only compared with pure direct enabled. To me, measurement are to keep the...
  7. T

What about Athem Audio? I would still take my SR8015 over any lower Denon model for music and HT. Denon is a little lean for me in the lower midrange when pure direct is engaged.
  8. T

HDMI 2.1 transition - AV receivers and owners facing challenges

So here’s the adapter box from SU, looks like a half baked HDMI switch box. I guess enough people didn’t voice their displeasure with a one input external “fix” box. Perhaps it’s easiest for most folks, but I’ll likely have to pay for a HDMI switch with more than one input when they could have...
  9. T

HDMI 2.1 transition - AV receivers and owners facing challenges

So after my VRR and ALLM rant at AVSForum and talking to support, it appears Denon and Marantz is considering a fix box with more than one input, so I would suggest all to report one input is not enough before it's too late! Remember it's not just 120hz and 8K that's broken, it appears to be...
  10. T

Any have an info on the Definitive Technology W Amp?

I do not. I have the w amp connected to my speakers. I also have the preouts from my Marantz SR8015 connected to the analog inputs on the w amp. 90% of the time I’m just listening to streaming audio thru the w amp. I used the utility to set the EQ to tower speakers (not really sure what this eq...
  11. T

Just got mine today, so here’s a little review incase anyone is interested. Can’t fine much info on this device. The Utility app barely works, but I was able to change my EQ to tower speaker. Line in seems to work with no issues. Streaming from the Definitive apps on my 5ghz wifi network works...
  12. T

Purchased a refurbed one for $150 from their site. Seems like a good little amp for the $, but not really sure what’s in this thing besides 75 watts 8 ohm and 150watts 4 ohm. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with it?
  13. T

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

I have to say, I’m pretty let down by Sound United offerings. I stepped up to the SR8015 because I didn’t care for the lower models after listening sessions in pure direct. With the SR8015, I’m still trying to figure it out. Overall it’s pretty good with Audyssey enabled. I will say Yamaha, at...
  14. T

Best AV Processor under $3k? Lexicon MC-10, Anthem AVM 60, or something else?

I believe in break in to some extent. My speakers, when new, literally opened up while playing loud (assuming it was the speakers since they were the newest component). I would think it’s harder to notice on an AVR, etc. Interesting about the heat and amplifier performance. Many are installing...
  15. T

Denon AVR-X6700H AVR Review (Updated)

Cool, looking forward towards your comparison. I'm sure they still make $ on it lol Maybe if it's 75% off lol
  16. T

Denon AVR-X6700H AVR Review (Updated)

Why so long? Not in the USA? ABT.com has them in stock. I'm leaning towards the SR8015, but would like to listen to a X6700 before spending much more..
  17. T

Marantz SR7015 8K AVR Review

I think your right about the sound changing. I’m in the process of getting the relays on my AVR-2808ci replaced. Hopefully this will make it last longer. I’m not sure about this whole warm sound as well. I notice some difference in the lower mid range, but not enough to say it’s warmer, etc.
  18. T

Assuming no crossovers, etc. I wonder if it still makes a decent difference. It was a really cool setup minus unable to put them in pure direct or anything for that matter besides volume. Both sounded full range. Maybe next time I’m there I can ask.
  19. T

So I listened to the SR7015 and X4700, not happy because I liked the SR7015 because of the mids/lower mids, vocals mainly. X4700 did have clear highs though, so the search goes on. Anyone know if pure direct makes a big difference for these models? Best Buy had it locked down, but really cool...
Top Bottom