Search results

1. M

Topping PA5 measurements )

Any chance for an integrated power supply in the future models?
  2. M

3e Audio SY-DAPx002 TPA3250/TPA3255 DSP Amplifier

I emailed 3e about this and they indicated that it was not possible to default the amplifier to on with the current design. EQ should still be bypassed unless you changed the routing when you updated. I left auto standby on and manually power the amplifier up.
  3. M

Four Speaker Blind Listening Test Results (Kef, JBL, Revel, OSD)

We were able to switch tracks instantly. We used a software soundboard with the clips loaded and the output to each speaker randomized. We focused on a single musical selection at a time and we were able to jump back and forth between speakers on that track as much as the listener wanted. We...
  4. M

The room is almost 16' long in the direction we'd probably sit. I'd guess 8' would be reasonable--though we'd be open to any suggestions. We probably wouldn't do any room correction, except possibly doing something to address low frequency room modes. The jury is still out on how we might add...
  5. M

It's an oddly shaped room (mid century modern). It's about 15.5' x 21'. The ceiling is sloped and is 8' high on the low side and 11' on the high side. There is a floor to ceiling fireplace in the middle.
  6. M

Thank you! Let's get a little closer and see how things are shaping up, might have enough speakers on hand.
  7. M

It looks like @Inverse_Laplace and I will be conducting a second blind listening test. It'll be on 3/28/22 and/or 3/29/22, so we've got some time to plan. We'd like to get feedback on improvements or changes for round two. Here are a few items so far: ITU R 1770 loudness instead of C...
  8. M

Revel W990 Review (in-wall speaker)

It’s a lot smaller: 14-1/8" x 6-7/16" 359mm x 163mm W990: 19-1/8" x 12-1/2" (486mm x 318mm)
  9. M

@amirm, If you’d like to measure the Revel W553L, I could pop mine out at some point. For what it’s worth, I think they sound pretty good for their price and size.
  10. M

https://www.genelec.com/architectural-speakers
  11. M

This is just not true. I care very much about well measuring speakers and I have Revel in-wall speakers for many reasons. Very limited space. Small kids. Aesthetic (large speakers are mostly ugly) Bang to buck ratio Elimination of SBIR I plan to upgrade my stereo + 2 sub system to a...
  12. M

The level of "thumbing the scales" that occurs in drug trials during cohort selection is not to be underestimated. Anyone that wants to learn a lot about how to review medical studies might want to start here: Studying Studies: Part I – relative risk vs. absolute risk
  13. M

Anyone reading this thread should really stop and go watch @amirm's latest video. It couldn't be a more apropos review to follow this test. When we conducted this experiment, we tried to follow as closely the examples provided by Toole in his book given the limitations we had.
  14. M

No. The test subjects were almost all sitting off-axis from the speakers. Once you move off axis at 10' our ability to accurately pinpoint a single speaker in that tight cluster of 4 (behind a black screen) is basically zero. We intentionally grouped them closely, and the reason we had them...
  15. M

Only one listener had heard all 4 speakers (me). The other listener saw them, but had only heard one of the four 2-3 years prior. You are welcome to exclude my data--I was listener 1. (Though I was actually one of the last folks to take the blind test). For my test data, I ranked the...
  16. M

@Semla, This is great--thank you for putting the time in to help analyze the results. Do you mind if I add this graph to the original post with credit given?
  17. M

2 of the 12 listeners did. The two of us that organized it knew the speakers going in--but we were careful to randomize it so neither of us knew what was what. I connected them all up and did the virtual routing and then covered them behind the blind. My partner then used a random number...
  18. M

I posted the raw data in post 22. I think @amirm is going to run some additional analysis. Please weigh in with your own analysis as well.
  19. M

Above the transition frequency, we wouldn't want to apply EQ based upon room measurements. We can EQ off the anechoic data though--which we have for all of these speakers. It's on my to-do list to build an above the transition frequency EQ based upon the spin data for the Revels and do a blind...
  20. M

I didn't--I briefly considered it, but ran out of time. If I set the test up again for other folks, I'll make sure I do. I do have this graph of the Revels playing with my 2 subwoofers engaged. I used MSO to optimize their response. There isn't any EQ applied above 180hz. The room is only...
Top Bottom