Search results

1. J

SPL Phonitor X *Updated* Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

HP amp at 0.0025% THD+N for 33 ohm products should be priced sub $100.
  2. J

HBK Headphone Measurement Talks from Head-Fi and Sean Olive

I already stopped visiting headfi after Jude ban NwAvGuy.
  3. J

Starke Sound AD4.320 Review (Multichannel Amplifier)

By looking at this graph, they use lousy inductor for the their class D LC filter.
  4. J

Are Active/Powered speakers the future?

The common failure of active speakers are damaged cap or component due to overheat. There are however good engineering designs to overcome these issue.
  5. J

Resolving Measurement Issues with SONCOZ SGD1 DAC

In terms of best AP measurement system: 1st AP555 2nd AP2722 (0.0001x%) 3rd AP525 The new AP525 seems not getting a better result than the old 2722. Also, proper grounding will effect the measurement. Example grounding must use the AP's input (XLR) ground of AP, not it's output ground.
  6. J

Do inexpensive amplifiers age badly over years?

Ceramic cap should be place the closest to the supply pin, that's where they will help for the high frequency. Electrolytic cap will help when there's need for high current, required for the woofer or subwoofer; during low frequency. Ceramic cap have the lowest ESR, electrolytic have the...
  7. J

This is the EVK from TI, look where they place their cap.
  8. J

Yes. Please prepare to change them after few years usage. It's designer did not do a good job.
  9. J

For longevity. Change the supply cap to 50V version and with temp rating of 105deg C. Many times cheap amplifier designer put their cap so near to the heatsink, which will shorten the cap lifespan very fast. For same IC but different sound, the issue lies at the LC filter. Cheap manufacturer...
  10. J

Audio Transparency, File Format and Bitrate Survey

Ain't Flac already a lossless format? Anyway I choose others because this survey doesn't have 192kb MP3.
  11. J

Where should I control volume for higher SNR?

To correct your statement. Changing the volume at the knob will reduce it's noise. Digital volume are digital, they are not in the analog path. If the manufacturer design in changing the analog gain when user varies the knob, then noise will reduce. See my 2nd paragraph.
  12. J

Where should I control volume for higher SNR?

What DAC are you using? If your source is noisy, dial down the knob at the amp will reduce it's noise. Is decreasing DAC volume as bad to SNR as decreasing software volume is? It depends. Newer DAC have analog gain at it's output. Reducing DAC volume may reduce it's output noise (depends...
  13. J

Impact of AC Distortion & Noise on Audio Equipment

Maybe he can simply improve the supply by adding $100 worth of cap at the amps DC supply. ;)
  14. J

Shanling UA2 Aborted Review (DAC & Amp)

看来您不明白他的意思。 难道贵公司会一直更新 app 直到 33 年后吗? 就如当时 Win 98 的产品贵公司还在支持? 就从现在起,安卓一直会更新。 贵公司的 app 也必须更新,只要不更新就无法使用。 你明白吗? 现在把产品做好就无需担心到 app 得一直更新的问题。 而且不是每个用户会特地去下载 app.
  15. J

Shanling UA2 Aborted Review (DAC & Amp)

Use wav file and play tone instead?
  16. J

Linear power supply for a dual chip tpa3116 amp

In Vietnam, snake oil is good for healing scars on skin.
  17. J

The main cause for degrading sound quality is the inductor of its 300kHz pwm filter.
  18. J

Go ahead. It should reduce your noise by another 0.1dB for a well design tpa3116 pcb with balance input. At the mean time, I'll just use a cheap 24v smps with diy LC and ferrite filter with big cap.
  19. J

Trust your ears - Audioquest Dragonfly cobalt

I might get ban for being a cultist. https://www.facebook.com/groups/audioreviews/?ref=share t
Top Bottom