Search results

1. Jerry Sobel

Revel M106 Bookshelf Speaker Review

These will sit on a back shelf. I would then send my current speakers to have them evaluated.
  2. Jerry Sobel

Revel M106 Bookshelf Speaker Review

Would it be overkill to use these speakers as my rear speakers in a 5.2 surround system?
  3. Jerry Sobel

Understanding Jitter in Digital Audio: Measurements and Listening Tests

Great video! So what is the purpose of these very expensive clocking devices? Is it to really make a change (your video says otherwise) or is it to make money by selling snake oil?
  4. Jerry Sobel

PS Audio Noise Harvester Video Review

So if audio component companies that sell a lot of different products sell something like this device which I consider to be fraudulent then how can you trust that anything else they sell is what they say it is?
  5. Jerry Sobel

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

Hmmm, I think I will wait until their customer service has improved. It must be a bit frustrating.
  6. Jerry Sobel

I own Benchmark amps which I believe have a 4 volt output. I also have a preamp between my DAC and amps- the Benchmark LA4.
  7. Jerry Sobel

Do Fancy Audio Cables Make a Difference? (video)

I have a VPI classic signature table and their 3D printed arm
  8. Jerry Sobel

Thanks! I had a lot of older vinyl that is very flat. It is true about getting wavy new vinyl. I have found that MoFi records are well made.
  9. Jerry Sobel

It would be great for you to do a video on turntables. What are the things to look for etc. I am thinking about replacing my current turntable but not my cartridge and I am confused by all the hype etc as to what makes the biggest difference. Also, no manufacturers well other than Technics...
  10. Jerry Sobel

I was thinking of ordering an Okto DAC but I am puzzled by the last item on the ordering about choosing my output voltage. Is there a need to choose- as it is an option?
  11. Jerry Sobel

Absolutely love, love these videos. Listening to your analysis is so great. Keeping doing these.
  12. Jerry Sobel

HDMI splitters

Has anyone used an HDMI splitter to take the 4K video to a 4K TV and the audio HDMI signal to a non HCDP 2.0 AV processor? I have been looking at these devices as a way of not having to shell out the money for a new processor.
  13. Jerry Sobel

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I got some help from a fellow sufferer on the MiniDSP community forum who got tech support. There is a very tiny white button that needs to be pressed on one of the boards as you plug the unit it in. It reset the system and I was able to connect and put in the correct firmware!!
  14. Jerry Sobel

I don’t have that on my board. No SD card anywhere.
  15. Jerry Sobel

I do not have that chip in my board. No SD card anywhere.
  16. Jerry Sobel

Working with MiniDSP is not that easy. I think they are in Korea and only work through e-mail. It is well out of warranty. I hope they respond to my support in ticket sometime soon.
  17. Jerry Sobel

Software/firmware update. I have been using Dirac V1.0 for the last few years and I wanted to upgrade it to the newest version. Unfortunately, I clicked on the wrong hex file and bricked my unit. Ugh! I want to purchase a new AV Pre/Pro because my Marantz 8801 does not do 4K and I have a lot of...
  18. Jerry Sobel

Thanks I will look for that on the motherboard when I get home. I do have an SD card reader so yes I just need the image sent to me. It is also Christmas so it might take them days to get back to me.
  19. Jerry Sobel

I made out a support ticket last night. My unit does not have an SD card to take in and out.
Top Bottom