Search results

1. SKBubba

Streamer MQA

They've been saying that going on two years now. Doesn't appear to be happening.
  2. SKBubba

High Bitrate FLAC - Can YOU even hear the difference?

Fascinating. Someone should alert Meridian.
  3. SKBubba

High Bitrate FLAC - Can YOU even hear the difference?

What playback software and settings?
  4. SKBubba

Streaming Service Summary

I have tried them all. Settled on roon+qobuz for a while. Ditching both and going with Spotify for now. Half the cost, extensive catalog, nice app that works the same at home or on the go, connect feature works great with phone/tablet as remote for desktop app or AVR (except no volume...
  5. SKBubba

Newbie looking for advise

What are you looking to improve?
  6. SKBubba

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

I think Tidal puts a little smiley eq on their streams. No proof, just observation.
  7. SKBubba

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

I think they have given up on it and hope people will forget they ever said it. Hope I'm wrong.
  8. SKBubba

Why are coaxials so rare?

Because we have Big Ass Horn speakers.
  9. SKBubba

women and Floyd

I don't like Pink Floyd. My wife is ambivalent.
  10. SKBubba

Musical Fidelity MX-DAC Review (Balanced DAC)

The Musical Fidelity DAC doesn't appear to have a blue MQA light. For $999 you should at least get a blue MQA light.
  11. SKBubba

They say speaker cables do not matter ..

Speaker cables most definitely matter. Without one, no sound comes out of the speaker.
  12. SKBubba

Ok, what about top three female rock vocalists?

Bonnie Raitt should be in there somewhere.
  13. SKBubba

What is / are your most memorable camera(s)?

Nikon D70, my first DSLR. The move away from film was liberating.
  14. SKBubba

Tablet recommendation

Hardly anybody makes a good 8" tablet any more. There's the Amazon HD8 but it is walled garden junk. (But at least it's cheap.) Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 8.7" may be a contender. It's their lower spec budget tablet but probably fine for what you want. Not sure how you can charge it while using USB...
  15. SKBubba

Qobuz lowers price

If I was an Apple user I would have probably switched by now, too.
  16. SKBubba

Qobuz lowers price

I stopped using roon+qobuz for a month and used only spotify. The purpose of the experiment was to see if it would work for me and save me $15/mo. if/when they ever launch hi fi (which at this point doen't seem forthcoming). I'm back on roon+qobuz. Spotify connect is a great feature. Their...
  17. SKBubba

Qobuz lowers price

Qobuz has lowered US price to $12.99/mo. or $129.99/yr. ($10.83/mo.). Similar reduction for Sublime, $179.99/yr ($15/mo.). https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/offers?utm_source=e-mail&utm_medium=transactional&utm_campaign=subscription_price_2021update Saw somewhere they also announced...
  18. SKBubba

Mytek AMP+ Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Some background on the business partner situation... https://community.roonlabs.com/t/a-situation-with-mytek/148949
Top Bottom