Search results

1. NYfan2

PSB Alpha P3 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

I always taught that a headless panther was a broken design so I was in doubt to give the PSB the headless panther but the poll states headless panther = poor design so I agree with this one.
  2. NYfan2

PA is not home Hifi

I used to think the same as you, home audio is about achieving the best reproduction of music possible in your house, PA is about producing high sound levels for big crowds inside big venues or outside. So I accepted that PA systems sounded different then home systems. Nowadays I'm not so sure...
  3. NYfan2

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

Question for owners of the new Node. Has anybody connected it to a TV over HDMI and are there any lipsync issues due to the latency in the bluesound system?
  4. NYfan2

You can't go wrong with Mean Well LRS series.

I agree that the A3001 is a better solution but my brother didn't want to spent any money so we choose the cheapest powersupply and the cheapest amplifierboard. I use only the subwoofer out on the amplifierboard. Quality was not a priority and my brother is superhappy because he claims that the...
  5. NYfan2

You can't go wrong with Mean Well LRS series.

Good to hear that the Meanwell powersupplies are good quality! I recently used one with an Aiyima B2D932 amplifier to replace my brothers broken subwoofer amplifier.
  6. NYfan2

Balanced XLR cable for Sennheiser HD600/650/6xx etc.

I wanted a balanced cable for my HD600 because the SMSL SH-9 that I use has balanced out. This is a description how to built a (highend :p) balanced cable. (maybe this has been posted before but I couldn't find a recent post) Step 1: buy a headphone cable for a Sennheiser HD650 According to the...
  7. NYfan2

Headband for PhilipsFidelio X2

The rubber liner of the headband of my Philips Fidelio X2 starts to degrade. Does anybody know if it is possible to buy a replacement headband? Preferably somewhere in the EU.
  8. NYfan2

subwoofer discussion

I love to see that setup, can you post some photo's ? To keep this thread on topic, here is were members post their system: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-kit-we-bought-our-current-setups.564/
  9. NYfan2

New Denon 3700/4700 DAC chip

Here in the Netherlands it's the same. I ordered a Denon AVC-X3700h the end of june. At that moment the expected delivery date was 19th of juli. I contacted the seller at the beginning of august and they told me that the delivery was delayed, they new delivery date was end of august but untill...
  10. NYfan2

LS50 meta's plus sub vs More expensive speakers

@FrantzM why do you need the miniDSP 2x HD if you also have the Denon AVR-X3700? The Denon has 2x sub out and with Audyssy you can apply room correction. I'm curious because I have a Denon AVC-X3700h on order.
  11. NYfan2

Dan Clark Stealth Headphone Review: Best in the World? (Video)

Great review and thumbs up for Dan Clark Audio for making such an incredible design. We need more companies that provide this kind of outstanding quality and it would be nice if future models will be more affordable. If you think of it, it is a shame that big companies with big r&d departments...
  12. NYfan2

LS50 meta's plus sub vs More expensive speakers

As said before, unless you want a very small sub there are better and/or cheaper alternatives then the KC62 Have a look at this thread: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/subwoofer-comparison.20494/ There are enough members on the forum with LS50 and subs in their setup...
  13. NYfan2

Did You Buy Based On Amir's Review?

Sennheiser HD600
  14. NYfan2

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

Unfortunately Andrew Robinson is not a reliable source. If you watch more of his reviews you will notice that he is biased and also has commercial interests that influence his reviews heavily.
  15. NYfan2

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

€ 269 for HD660S is very good. In the Netherlands: HD600 € 288,- (new) https://www.bax-shop.nl/studio-hoofdtelefoons/sennheiser-hd-600-versie-2019-studio-hoofdtelefoon HD650 € 332,- (new) https://www.bax-shop.nl/studio-hoofdtelefoons/sennheiser-hd-650-versie-2019-open-back-studio-hoofdtelefoon
  16. NYfan2

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Short update I sent my SU-9 to Audiophonics for the software update to solve the 3rd Harmonic issue. It took exactly 2 weeks between the day I sent it and the day it returned. Great service from Audiophonics (I didn't buy my SU-9 there). It cost me € 10,- to ship to France from the Netherlands.
  17. NYfan2

Some people question if the Node is a flawed product and if it deserves the headless panther. Well first of all, Armir = God on ASR so if he gives a headless panther we have to deal with it :p;) But on a more serious note: We can discuss that the DAC is not broken but it certainly is not SOTA...
  18. NYfan2

Biased reviewers because of marketing/availability of products

Well, that's why I think reviewers are biased, I understand they need money but reviewing a bad component and telling it's great! Ofcourse some people do everything for money but I can't believe that is true for all reviewers.
  19. NYfan2

Biased reviewers because of marketing/availability of products

I have noticed that companies who spend a lot on marketing and/or are widely available in general get raving reviews even despite the fact that the products are not great (ofcourse not on ASR), some examples are Audioquest and NAD/Bluesound. Why is that? Is it pure a commercial issue, bad...
  20. NYfan2

Thanks to Armir for the review and also to the member who dropshipped it! Looking at the specs and the raving reviews all over the internet you got to think this is an amazing streamer/DAC solution. But as already discussed in other threads and now also proven by the measurements from Armir...
Top Bottom