Search results

1. AudioSQ

Wife finds theatre too loud. Bumming me out! How can I make it 5db quieter for only her?

Get her to dislike you.. then she'll watch TV in another room and leave you alone. Mine still complains the sound coming out of the game room is too loud, but due to the loudness I can't usually hear the complaints.
  2. AudioSQ

Watched a Netflix documentary on Schumacher

It was a pretty good watch. I was hoping for more details on his health, but I get it. I'm going to the next race, I'm pretty stoked. Glad the race for champion is still so close. I was worried it would pretty much be wrapped up by this point. Hopefully it's an exciting race because that...
  3. AudioSQ

My Dog - pet thread

I told my kids I would never let them get a dog. After years of begging I finally said "If it's ok with Mom" thinking she could be the bad guy... we've had her a couple weeks now. She's a rescue so not entirely sure what she is. She desperately wants to be friends with the cat and he's just...
  4. AudioSQ

Mini PC for Dirac?

I didn't even know that had their own forum. I tried Googling it and didn't find anything. Do they have their own forum or are you talking about a sub forum or thread on a different forum?
  5. AudioSQ

Mini PC for Dirac?

I was hoping there was an easy recomendation like when somebody asks for a cheap streamer the obvious choice is a PI. I appreciate the input just the same. It looks like Beelink (and other similar) sells a mini PC for around $250 with an i3 5005U chip and 8 gigs. They also have mini PCs for...
  6. AudioSQ

Mini PC for Dirac?

Thanks for the input! The Asus looks like a nice option, but I think it's more PC than I'm looking for. I guess if the cost of the PC and the software is considerably more expensive than a miniDSP it doesn't really make sense for me to go that route. I've always been too scared to actually...
  7. AudioSQ

Mini PC for Dirac?

I've been thinking about trying Dirac, but currently only use a PI as my streamer. Would Dirac run fine on a cheap Windows mini PC or would it need more processing power? Also curious about the USB out performance on a mini PC. Anybody have a recomendation for a good cheap one? By cheap I...
  8. AudioSQ

subwoofer discussion

I'm limited on where the 9 12"s can go, they pretty much have to be behind the couch out of site. The 18" can go on either side of the TV, but that's about it. I did a waterfall measurement, but I don't know if the setting of the graph are correct and I'm not really sure how to interpret this...
  9. AudioSQ

subwoofer discussion

It's flat from 20-80, which is generally about 10db hotter than the rest of the curve. Although considerably hotter when showing off. I'm pretty limited on location options, but they aren't all bunched together. The 18" is on the right side of the front wall, the 12s spread out over about 8' on...
  10. AudioSQ

subwoofer discussion

I have a Dayton RS 18" tuned to 18hz, and 9 cheap JBL 12s. All diy and EQ'ed flat. At reasonable to a little loud volumes it sounds great. If I try to 'show off', like make your eyes blurry, I haven't figured out how to tame the bass yet. I don't know if it's box resonance, room resonance or...
  11. AudioSQ

Decent behind-the-neck open on-ear Headphones for Cycling

That's right after I bought it. Mine is currently hanging in the garage and is covered in dust.. sawdust from sanding speakers. I've never been a huge fan of the colorway, it makes me think business casual. It just had all the features I wanted and I got a great deal because it had a paint...
  12. AudioSQ

Decent behind-the-neck open on-ear Headphones for Cycling

I always get a lot of wind noise with headphones. Maybe I just haven't tried the right ones. I also talk a lot while riding so a blue tooth speaker in the water bottle cage works better for me. But more importantly were are the photos of the bikes? Mines not very exciting and truthfully I've...
  13. AudioSQ

Who Is Using Acoustic Panels?

I should say I have carpet, curtains, blinds, a bookshelf, a large L shaped sofa, a regular shaped room and at the time horns.. My setup wasn't exactly a reflective disaster which is probably why I didn't hear a large difference.
  14. AudioSQ

Who Is Using Acoustic Panels?

I find that people typically state they make a significant difference. I have six 2'x4' panels on my back wall. Four of them are 2" thick and the two in the corners are 6" thick. I also have two homemade ones that are a little bigger and I guess about 4" thick. I don't really know how good they...
  15. AudioSQ

CSS Audio Criton 1TD-X Build Log

This feels like a season finale cliff hanger. So close to seeing the final results and left hanging. Real life get in the way?
  16. AudioSQ

Yes, just over them is fine.
  17. AudioSQ

So when are you coming out to Houston to veneer mine? Looking slick! Have you put the crossovers together yet?
  18. AudioSQ

Amazon Music HD same price as Spotify. :D

Tell me how to get Amazon HD on my Pi and control it from my phone and maybe I'll consider it.. It's not like Spotify lossless isn't coming later this year.
Top Bottom