Search results

1. Dreyfus

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Pro

Hi all, has anyone ever had trouble with the grounding of the K5 Pro? For some reason the PSU of my unit loads the ground shell with up to 100 V. The resistance is high enough so that I only end up with roughly 130 uA, as far as my DMM can be trusted. I can definately feel a tingling when I...
  2. Dreyfus

iD4 & iD14 MK II - Audient updated their Audio Interfaces

Output Z still around 22-23 Ohms. Meh. Otherwise, pretty decent for the price!
  3. Dreyfus

Harman preference curve for headphones - am I the only one that doesn't like this curve?

Theile states that the reproduction of sound through headphones is flawed since the possibility for adaption and orientation in front of a real sound source with the natural HRTF excitation plus the psychoacoustic filtering is missing. His reasoning to prove that the loudness equalization must...
  4. Dreyfus

A moderate EQ strategy

I have had good success with adjustments by ear in the +2 kHz region. For the evaluation I use white or pink noise and a HP filter set to around 800 Hz. Then I move a peak filter with 4 dB of gain and a Q of about 4 up and down until I hear a distinct rise in amplitude. After fixing the...
  5. Dreyfus

Equalizer APO and ASIO

I just thought I should throw that in, in the general context of this thread. With ASIO I have access to a wide range of VST plugins for sound processing without having to mess with the native Windows audio implementation combined with VB Cable and Voicemeeter. My main goal is to apply digital...
  6. Dreyfus

Equalizer APO and ASIO

You should try Cantabile. It is a Live VST Host with many routing and binding options. I use it for my DSP HTPC as replacement for EQ Apo. The ASIO performance was pretty stable so far.
  7. Dreyfus

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

I'm sorry? You asked me to try the EQ. I replied by commenting that it doesn't work for me and shared my own one as much as my personal listening impression. Then you reply with a derogative comment that ignores both the preceding points of the discussion as much as my observations about the...
  8. Dreyfus

Philips Fidelio X2HR Review (headphone)

Sorry, but your conclusion is completely absurd. It appears you have not followed the preliminar conversation. Otherwise you should have noticed that I emphasized the balance between measurement vs listening evaluation for the individual user. I don't listen with a pair of silicon ears and a...
  9. Dreyfus

Profound is what makes sense to my ears. That is undoubtably the best instrument I have to evaluate distortion. With that I can verify whether or not the response you measured is valid for me or not. I just listened to some series of white noise and tried to pin point any resonances in the...
  10. Dreyfus

@Robbo99999: Sorry, I just don't like to fullqoute. That's why I choose snippets and reply to that, but also answer in context to the rest of the post which I think needs further commentary. That does not mean that I disagree with points that have not been mentioned btw. Take the 'high base THD...
  11. Dreyfus

All fine as long as it works for you with high practical correlation. I have had enough mixed bags which give me the reason to look at measurements more critically in general. This applies primarily to the extremes, bass seal and treble resonance. The broad response is mostly safe to judge. Not...
  12. Dreyfus

That is not the point. I just asked for a correlation between the look at measurement results and actual listening. There is always room for assumptions based on experience. Still, it remains kind of theory as long as it is not fully proven in practice, which is the actual listening on your...
  13. Dreyfus

Five times? Chapeau! That must be the definition of insanity Einstein was talking about. :D
  14. Dreyfus

Well, I did. It is just that I consider both measurement data and actually listening experience with the particular model before I allow myself to pass a judgment. A headphone measurement does not serve an end in itself. It is always connected with individual hearing.
  15. Dreyfus

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. :)
  16. Dreyfus

Have you listened to the X2HR yourselves or are you just rephrasing? Me neither. I guess that is a "limitation" of the 43AG with only one specific seating position. Not really. Their equipment follows both IEC and ITU-T recommendations: HMS II.3-LN - Product Description It may not be the...
  17. Dreyfus

The iD4 and iD14 have a much better build quality and are now also technically superior to the EVO4 in pretty much every aspect. Good question! I would also be intersted if they have improved anything on the gain knobs. I had three different iD14s in my hands so far and all of them had very...
  18. Dreyfus

Sorry, I forgot to add that to the table. iD4 MK I: 58 dB iD4 MK II: 58 dB iD14 MK I: 56 dB iD14 MK II: 58 dB Not much of a difference, though. Only +2 dB for the iD14. 58 dB appears to be the standard gain for this series now. Plus 10 dB digital gain in the software. Regards Dreyfus
  19. Dreyfus

Hello everbody, Audient has just release an update to their audio interface lineup: Product Pages: Audient iD4 MK II Audient iD14 MK II I just gathered all the data and compared Gen 1 and 2 side by side: (Note: errors excepted due to updating product pages.) The THD, Noise and especially...
  20. Dreyfus

HD 6XX vs. Fidelio X2HR

Not worth the sidegrade.
Top Bottom