Search results

1. amirm

PSB Alpha P3 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the PSB Alpha P3 bookshelf, 2-way speaker. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $249 on Amazon including Prime shipping. I appreciated the magnetic grill. Taking it off you see an upside down configuration with tweeter on the bottom: This...
  2. amirm

SPL Phonitor X *Updated* Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

A while ago I tested the SPL Phonitor X which did not do well. Turns out the DAC in that unit was the older generation. And I did not know about dip switches underneath the unit which sets the headphone gain. This review remedies both. New units sell for US $2,999 now. This unit is in...
  3. amirm

Audiophonics RASPDAC MINI LCD KIT Review (Streamer)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Audiophonics RASPDAC MINI LCD KIT Streamer. It is on kind loan from a member and costs 165,83 € or US $193 (excluding Raspberry Pi and power supply). As the name indicates, this is a streamer built on the popular Raspberry Pi small computer...
  4. amirm

Airpulse A100 Review (Powered Speaker)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Airpulse A100 powered monitor. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $900 on Amazon including free shipping. The fit and finish on the A100 is definitely a step above the average "computer speaker:" The piano, high gloss finish gives...
  5. amirm

Audeze SINE Review (Closed Back Headphone)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Audeze SINE closed-back, on-ear planar magnetic headphone. It is on kind loan from a member. I think it came out back in 2016 (?) and cost US $450 then. Seems to be discontinued now. The metal and soft material feel good in hand but don't...
  6. amirm

Kennerton Rognir Review (Closed Back Headphone)

This is a review and detailed measurements of Kennerton Rognir (Rögnir) closed back planar magnetic headphone. It was kindly purchased new by a member and drop shipped to me. Rognir comes in many colors but cost seems to be the same € 3,250 (US $3,770). Clearly high quality material is used...
  7. amirm

Loxjie D30 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the new revision of the Loxjie D30 stereo DAC and headphone amplifier. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $260 on Amazon including Prime shipping. The main stand-out feature as far as looks is the better home screen graphics than sister...
  8. amirm

Kanto YU6 Measurements (Powered Monitor)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Kanto YU6 powered speaker. It was kindly sent to me by a member and costs US $499 on Amazon including Prime shipping. The YU6 comes in different finishes, all of which look pretty attractive. The sample I have is black: As you see, you have...
  9. amirm

Schiit Lokius Review (Equalizer)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Schiit Lokius balanced (I/O) analog 6-band equalizer. It was kindly sent to me by a member and costs US $299 from the company direct (plus shipping). The Lokius looks like other Schiit products in their mid-sized configuration: There is a...
  10. amirm

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Anthem AVM70. It was sent to me by the company for review and costs US $3799. The AVM70 has a very modern and attractive front panel and display: Company takes full use of the large display as you see with nice icons. Importantly, the...
  11. amirm

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the SMSL SU-9n balanced USB stereo DAC with Bluetooth support. It was sent to be my Shenzhenaudio and costs US $399. From the outside, the SU-9 looks like the recent DACs from SMSL: And from the back side for that matter: A side story. When...
  12. amirm

Does Quality of Coax Input Matter for DACs?

The title is much more lofty than this little test but I thought I share the results of testing a DAC with super high quality Coax S/PDIF vs a lower quality one. Question came up in the review of FX Audio DAC-SQ3: "how good is its coax output?" I have not done many measurements of these...
  13. amirm

JBL 4309 Review (Speaker)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the JBL 4309 2-way speaker. It was kindly purchased new by a member and drop shipped to me. The 4309 costs US $2,000 for a pair. NOTE: our company Madrona Digital is a dealer for Harman products including the JBL Line. While the measurements are...
  14. amirm

FX Audio DAC-SQ3 Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the FX Audio DAC-SQ3. It was sent to me by the company and sells from US $86 to $100 (latter on Amazon with Prime shipping). The DAC-SQ3 is USB powered and comes with a remote control which is unusual in this price bracket: I like the large...
  15. amirm

Neumann NDH20 Review (Headphone)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Neumann NDH20 closed back headphone. It was kindly sent to me by a member and costs US $499. The NDH20 is an attractive and solidly feeling headphone: It weighs slightly above average but per above, it felt fine wearing it: The removable...
  16. amirm

Elac Reference UCR52 Review (Center Speaker)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Elac Unifi Reference UCR52 center home theater speaker. It was kindly purchased new by a member and drop shipped to me. The UCR52 costs US $700. The UCR52 enclosure is nice looking but I don't the wisdom of having highly reflective, chrome...
  17. amirm

Sabaj A20d Review (Balanced DAC)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Sabaj A20d balanced stereo DAC with Bluetooth support. It was sent to me by the company. Retail price seems to be US $420 but it is on sale on Amazon for $378. The form factor is a square "brick" rather than the standard horizontal...
  18. amirm

Parasound 4 DAX Review (8-channel DAC)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Parasound 4 DAX, 8-channel DAC and crossover. It was kindly purchased by a member and drop shipped to me. Its retail price is US $999 but I see it on sale for $499. The 4 DAX comes in a nice looking, rack mountable "1RU" chassis: It is an...
  19. amirm

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Topping DX3 Pro+ DAC and headphone amplifier. It is a replacement for one of my most favorite combo products, the DX3 Pro. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $199. The DX3 Pro+ maintains the gorgeous and high contrast orange LEDs...
  20. amirm

Beresford Caiman SEG Review (Stereo DAC)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Beresford Caiman SEG TC-7535 stereo DAC and headphone amp. It was kindly sent to me by a member and costs £199.99 or about US $272. The front panel and enclosure is neither exciting, nor bad: The owner also sent me the "Dorado 3" DC to DC...
Top Bottom