Search results

1. mitchco

Introducing Hang Loose Convolver from Accurate Sound

Yes, an Android "lite" version is planned, but I don't have an ETA.
  2. mitchco

Mini PC for Dirac?

Yes, this works perfect. I have a number of these https://www.amazon.com/i3-5005U-Processor-Computer-Graphics-Outputs/dp/B07M6JYWXX I use for my clients for convolution. Never hear the fan and more than enough power. I think the Beelink here is the equivalent...
  3. mitchco

Genelec GLM Review (Room EQ & Setup)

Again, no, 25 dB of attenuation was not applied to achieve this. There is indeed 25 dB of peak to peak variation in the response and typical of about every room measurement I receive and I have received hundreds from around the world. But again, this is not how digital room correction works...
  4. mitchco

You may have forgot I developed a convolver that switches level matched FIR filters instantly so making such comparisons is a breeze. And works with most music players, DAW's and system wide audio on Mac or Windows. Re: As a general rule, superbly built speakers are of no need of correction in...
  5. mitchco

The after response data was offset by 25 dB in REW so one could clearly see the visual difference. Has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual FIR filter attenuation, which in this specific case was about 6 dB.
  6. mitchco

This is a misunderstanding of what DRC/DSP FIR filtering products actually does... There is indeed filter insertion loss as there is no boosting, but it is typically 5 to 7 dB of loss. But can easily be recovered by adding some digital gain. It is a completely different paradigm than PEQ. I...
  7. mitchco

No offence to you @amirm, fine review. But I don't get it. How is this room eq? I would expect something more like this: This is what one should expect from "state of the art room" eq. As I have shown in multiple posts on ASR, it is not just at one listening point either... There is a big...
  8. mitchco

Audeze Mobius Review (Gaming Headset)

Well, I would have to agree with @dynobot The Audeze line of phones have some of the weirdest measurements with huge narrow peaks and valleys in the HF response that I don't think eq makes any better (especially any boosting). Those weird peaks and valleys showed up in my LCD-4z measurements...
  9. mitchco

Hi tecnogadget, thanks for your kind words. Note that HLC is currently a stereo convolver. I have MCH planned, but no ETA as of yet. Yes, HLC is a convolution engine. In standalone mode HLC can provide convolution system wide and with any app, but currently stereo only. Yes, but as noted...
  10. mitchco

Audyssey Room EQ Review

Of course there are tradeoffs and it depends on one's use case. As mentioned in an earlier post, I use JRiver which accounts for the filter delay when watching movies. My original post and the later one's here are discussing what makes for the state of the art in room correction. Not all room...
  11. mitchco

Audyssey Room EQ Review

Based on your graph, it would appear that Audyssey does not provide excess phase room correction capabilities. I am taking about the audible effects of low frequency room reflections like in John's paper I linked to above under the section: "Axial modes in a rectangular room. To provide a...
  12. mitchco

Audyssey Room EQ Review

@Chromatischism can Audyssey correct for excess phase at low frequencies? Can you show the phase response like I have shown in my chart measured at the listening position? See section on "A common cause of non-minimum phase behaviours in rooms" in John's paper on minimum phase. For myself and...
  13. mitchco

Audyssey Room EQ Review

@Chromatischism Not bad ;) How about turning off all smoothing, go down to 5 Hz, and show the phase response as well:
  14. mitchco

Thanks for asking. I have been busy working on a few other DSP projects plus taking some needed vacation time. So I have not made any progress on the multichannel version yet. Planned for this fall, but I am focusing on a proper DSP project for high resolution FIR filtering for headphones currently.
  15. mitchco

Hi @Dichotome, I have not compiled HLC on Linux yet, but it is certainly possible. Note that HLC is currently stereo convolution at this time. Unless the stereo DAC's have been designed to be sync'd together, you would be better off with a MCH DAC. Even better a MCH AD/DA converter with an...
  16. mitchco

Multichannel DAC lobby!

I would love to see a consumer 8 channel DAC that is easy to setup and configure. In the meantime, this is a pretty good list of MCH DACs: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,126507.msg876687.html#msg876687 Pro AD/DA converters are more complex to setup, but worth it to me. The...
  17. mitchco

PSA: Audacity

There is a 10 year old Audacity version compiled with ASIO support that works pretty well...
  18. mitchco

Combining measurement methods to get a more accurate EQ - MMM + Gated Nearfield + Klippel Measurements

You might want to give http://drc-fir.sourceforge.net/ a try. User gmad from diyAudio has written some useful scripts including a default starting place to try to make using it simpler...
  19. mitchco

How big should a great listening room be?

Here is some perspective on room ratios and room modes from someone who has practical experience measuring them for some 35 years. Very poor room ratios like a square or a cube will typically yield 30 dB of peak to peak amplitude variation below the rooms transition or Schroeder frequency...
  20. mitchco

How big should a great listening room be?

Construct a room with decent room ratios is a great start. This is how most professional studio control rooms start, but go much farther with non-parallel walls, a room within a room construction, raised floor on isolation pucks, specially designed HVAC for low noise and vibration and on it...
Top Bottom