Search results

1. P

Clean and noiseless USB charger 5V/3A

Thanks a lot ;-) I'm looking for a power supply for my Raspberry Pi 4 and I think I will use the one you recommend ;-)
  2. P

Just want to have noiseless and clean power supply - nothing more ;-) BTW, I've seen below video ;-)
  3. P

Hello, I'm looking for a clean and noiseless USB charger 5V / 3A. I've heard that Xiaomi 33W charger is considered to be clean but I haven't found any measurements of it so I'm not able to confirm / deny... I'm not talking about iFi iPower or Allo Nirvana power supplies but typical USB phone...
  4. P

SMSL SU-9 vs D1se

Hi, I was wondering the same. I don't know how they compare sound wise, however I've found few differences. both units have Bluetooth 5.0, but SMSL SU-9 is fully utilizing it's potential since it supports LDAC and UAT codecs while VMV D1SE does not regarding internal build, SU-9 has low noise...
  5. P

Is LDAC lossy or bit-perfect for 44.1kHz/16bit (Red Book CD) files?

I opened few FLACs in VLC player and next went to: Tools -> Codec Information -> Statistics [tab] to observe "Input bitrate": I was surprised how often it is above 990kbps (I wasn't able to capture it on screenshot since it was changing very dynamically)... Cheers, Przemek
  6. P

Of course I can listen and test, but I'd like to get Audio Science based theoretical answer, what is the correct setting in case of streaming 16/44.1 files with LDAC. Personally I think it makes more sense to change in Developer Options bit rate and sample rate to 44.1/16 for LDAC and have...
  7. P

I'm asking about phone settings (once I change those, receiver will be setup in the same way) assuming that DAC has full LDAC support (990kbps, 96kHz, 32bit). Every time when I was connecting to the DACs that I've tested (Topping D50s, Topping DX7 Pro, SMSL M400), my phone was connecting with...
  8. P

And one more question! When streaming 44.1/16 files with LDAC, is it better to: 1/ Leave default settings: Bluetooth audio LDAC codec: Best effect (Adaptive bit rate) *** Bluetooth Audio Sample Rate: 96kHz Bluetooth Audio Bits Per Sample: 32bit 2/ Or to play with Developer Options and change...
  9. P

Thank you very much for all the comments in the discussion. Based on SONY marketing materials I was hoping that transmission of 44.1/16 files with LDAC is really bit-perfect, however it looks we need to wait for next codec with 1.5Mbps throughput to achieve it... It seems we are getting closer...
  10. P

I agree, as I wrote initially, WAV file 44.1kHz/16bit has bitrate about 1400kbps (16*44100*2=1411200). Typically FLAC compression decreases the file size to 50 and 70 percent of its original size so the bitrate would be 750-950kbps so less than 990kbps. However there might be problem with some...
  11. P

Yes, that is exactly the same as in my case as described in initial post and I believe it is similar in most of Android phones when you unlock Developer Settings ;-) This is not very convenient to change those settings every time I connect to the DAC, however I could live with that provided...
  12. P

Hi, In theory, SONY claims that file 44.1kHz/16bit (Red Book CD) sent over Bluetooth with LDAC (*when used speed is 990kbps) should be the same as original file and sending Hi-Res files like 96kHz/24bit is lossy. However: 1/ WAV file 44.1kHz/16bit has bitrate about 1400kbps...
Top Bottom