Search results

1. T

Harbeth speakers

If you are in the objektivst camp and believe in measurements these speakers must all sound the same (same as with amps). And if you believe that the FR measurements tells all about how the speaker will sound. Everything else is what you subjectly imagine, you wish to hear. (e.g. Harbeth are...
  2. T

Harbeth speakers

Better, much cheaper options than the neutral flat Harbeths and tested and recommended from Amir: KEF R3 Focal Aria 906 Revel M16 JBl 4309 Elac Debut Reference DBR-62
  3. T

Harbeth speakers

The JBL 4309 shows a none flat FR with resonances. It shows good directivity. What attributes makes a speaker fun to listen to?
  4. T

Harbeth speakers

Amir enjoys a speaker with flaws…!!! https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/jbl-4309-review-speaker.27255/
  5. T

Harbeth speakers

I like my sound with the SHL5+ 40An and tube amp. As far as I know the system FR follows the impedance curve of the speaker. That means certain frequencies are now increased. The sound is lively, engaging without fatiguing. So is my taste of sound a „off-neutral system FR“? (In comparison I...
  6. T

Harbeth speakers

Yes, this is true at audio and what you have e.g. in the „Harbeth sphere HUG“. Follow them or you’ll be blocked, moderated, There will always be 2 camps, the objectivist and subjectivists. I personally do not say that measurements are useless. They show us tendencies, yes. I think Harbeth are...
  7. T

Harbeth speakers

Sorry, I do not want to be offensive but you didn't understand/answer my points. And by the way I never said that I don’t like the look of the Harbeth or I do like/prefer cutting edge speakers.
  8. T

Harbeth speakers

I am not talking about top trim models because that’s a different story. I talk about development/ innovations and pricing. Harbeth increases their prices extraordinary without big development / innovations lets say the last 15 years, the „after Radial 2“ period. This ridiculous.
  9. T

Harbeth speakers

I have a pair of SHL5+(AE) in my living room, powered by an tube amp / Linn Akurate DSM DAC-Pre-streamer / Lan from Router Tidal and Qobuz server.
  10. T

Harbeth speakers

My answer is related to automotive, as Alan Shaw likes to do. Harbeth „development„ and Anniversary models are like car manufacturers do update the software calibration of their automatic transmissions or engine controller. The fact is that this is not a new „development„ and not a reason to...
  11. T

Harbeth speakers

Last development was Radial 2 many, many, many years ago. Later on maybe different screws
  12. T

Harbeth speakers

…but they are not small two-way bookshelf speaker For year I listened to the C7ES-3 and they had a relaxed not very dynamic sound. Then I changed to the SHL5+ 40An with Tonträger stands (very expensive and recommend by Alan Shaw). Listening to the Super at the exactly same position, no...
  13. T

Harbeth speakers

Oh yes, we see it on the price tag
  14. T

Harbeth speakers

..older design
  15. T

Harbeth speakers

It would be very interesting to see the FR measurements (on-and off-axis) of the Harbeth C7ES-2 / C7ES-3 / C7ES-3 XD. The measurements would tell us about the development evolution.
  16. T

Harbeth speakers

I experienced that the C7-ES3 do have not so well controlled, a little boomy, bass. Their sound was more relaxing, so not too forward. And yes, the C7 upwards are big speakers who do need special stands.
  17. T

Harbeth speakers

I do think (audio) forums are there to share opinions, experiences. Moderated forums such as the Harbeth forum HUG are not correct because opinions could be manipulated. And HUG is moderated/regulated. Different preferences are a normal human behavior. Why should audio be different. Ear/Brain
  18. T

Harbeth speakers

I experienced the sweetspot of my SHL5+ is very narrow. When moving my head a little out of the sweetspot the high frequencies changes dramatically. To me this looks like bad off-axis performance of the Harbeth. Because the differences between on/off grilles are very little in FR I think it is...
  19. T

Harbeth speakers

Some do like equalized sound of tube amps and I really do not care about what the designer was intended. The only thing matters to me is that my hifi gear works good with my room and my music. And the grilles off and on discussions are ridiculous (measurement overkill nonsense). If this is...
Top Bottom