Search results

1. D

Why do records sound so much better than digital?

This should be an easy question to resolve. Do records have more samples per second than digital? Measure the number of modulations in the groove and compare it somehow to a 44.1khz sampling rate. How? I dunno.
  2. D

What do floor standers really bring to the table?

It's not what is the better speaker. It's the better speaker for your needs. Small room, small speaker.
  3. D

Schiit Vali 2+ Review (Tube Headphone Amp)

Most music I listen to is recorded on analog sources. I suppose with effort you can get that to 80 db if you still have viable master tapes and a good mastering system but then, you are altering the music to reduce the hiss.
  4. D

Audiophonics RASPDAC MINI LCD KIT Review (Streamer)

If keep testing cheap as f streamers I'll stop bugging you about testing more tube stuff!
  5. D

Well, you understand that the bass response is only one reason for a floorstanding speaker. Also headroom, distortion, speed, basically, look at Amir's 94 db vs 104 db distortion curves and see the benefit.
  6. D

Also, the low end falls off at low vol because of the lack of sensitivity of your ears to frequency extremes.
  7. D

SVS has an app that allows me to adjust from my phone sitting in the sweet spot. You can adjust db/oct of the highpass filter, q with some frequency settings, adjust frequency, .... it's very handy. And a long free return policy. Which is a con, they know I never return shit.
  8. D

Revel F35/6 at 30% off at Crutchfield

This seems like a pretty good deal. Revel makes great value speakers. The one with 6.5" woofers/midwoofers are $1540 for a pair.
  9. D

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

The Stealth is slightly quieter than the Aeon RT at the same (max) vol on my friend's tube amp. They feel similar but frankly, I am thinking an Aeon 2 will get me most of the way there.
  10. D

It's helpful when you are criticizing someone's article to provide a link so we can see exactly what was asserted so no straw man arguments are made. That said, if there is a reviewer suggesting that the Stealth is lacking in dynamics, I would suggest his amplifier is lacking in power. They're...
  11. D

I thought that is what purveyors of the Harmon Curve say? That the Harmon response curve is better because people enjoy it more in a blind test.
  12. D

Schiit Lokius Review (Equalizer)

Lokius doesn't grab you. I feel you. (I have the 4 band version which is a different animal). It's very likely that you'll react to the knobs better when you review the bigger version coming out nonetoosoon. I think the q may adjustable and at over $1k it's distortion should meet your standards.
  13. D

Amir thinks playing with your tone controls is on the level of playing with your food, but the fact is, this is an excellent value for the price. Not to recommend it seems like sour grapes. He's rejecting the concept, not the execution. The knobs are too small?
  14. D

Loudness buttons were variable, so the boost was higher as low settings and less or zero at 11. At least that was the idea. This would not be variable, seems to be designed with a more general use case than Amir has in mind. I've had the smaller one for a few years and I find "less is more" to...
  15. D

There's only six channels and most of their customers are able to memorize 'em.
  16. D

As a fan of analog recordings these can be a lifesaver. Many of the old records are very out of wack and this kind of broad fix is easy to use and I like having the smaller version in my chain. But for most, eq is probably what you want. It's free and it's much more precise. I like this since...
  17. D

Mike Moffet (digital side of Schiit Audio) live on youtube Weds 10/13/21 at 7 pm est/4 pm pacific

I'm gonna post this but if it's in the wrong place mods please move. I figure there is enough interest in Schiit Audio this would be ok. Mike Moffat's Audio Journey Hey guys, For the virtual Schiitrmeet this month, you get Mike's audio journey. Kinda like my Road to Schiit last month, but a...
Top Bottom