Search results

1. U

JBL 4309 Review (Speaker)

I'd post some obviously better measurements from reviews here with a lot more "issues" marked but I'm too lazy for that. 1 kHz mess can't be unhearble but is nicely ignored through the review (textbook perfect directivity). Estimated response is a tragicomedy. It must sound heavily colored in...
  2. U

KOSS PRO 4AA Review (Headphone)

All Koss headphones I've heard sounded bad, especially top-hyped Porta Pro:rolleyes:
  3. U

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

Oh my:facepalm: uncolored WD
  4. U

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

Honestly was never impressed with most hyped Wharfediamonds - 8.1 and 9.1, "cheap" and dull sound, I'd call it "anti-Focal" signature. Not annoying and unexciting. However, I was impressed by 9.x series woofer chassis, such a hi-endish thin cast spider, maybe you can't get better in terms of...
  5. U

Resolving Measurement Issues with SONCOZ SGD1 DAC

Well at least they don't type something like YOU SHOULDN'T HEAR THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TWO AMPS IF SINAD IS >40 what "objectivists" tend to:p
  6. U

Revel W990 Review (in-wall speaker)

Attached ones can be considered as "good", but audiofools will definitely upgrade em;):
  7. U

Honestly I wouldn't be worried about that as far as sound is good. However, it just feels a bit wrong to see $200-ish crossovers in a speakers what cost 20x more, it's like a steel wheels on a premium car etc. Nope:p
  8. U

Pretty much the same if not lower:confused:
  9. U

Surely no!* *In imaginated Harman Universe:p
  10. U

Advice on integrated amp for Wharfedale Diamonds 230

I'd rather stay with current amp and think about speakers upgrade. Was never excited with typical Wharfedale dull sound. Voted for NAD because it's the only actual amplifier listed (sorry Yamaha and CA).
  11. U

Four Speaker Blind Listening Test Results (Kef, JBL, Revel, OSD)

But this is all about FR and its stability control:) in variety of environments.
  12. U

It's my view on zealots, not the research. There was a lot of researches before and there will be more in future. But for some reasons Harman and some their probucts became craizly hyped. And then you say hmm OK lets try. And then listen to its sound. One word: dissapointment. You can call it...
  13. U

That's a good point as far as getting louder and lower means much for many people including Amir:)
  14. U

I guess "we" should sound more convincing than "me", show more authority etc. Well, maybe it will work next time, keep trying. Also if decades of research gave "us" such a perfect reference as AKG K371 sound then I have very bad news for Korean investors:facepalm:
  15. U

Not really. If there's some MF-HF coloration you'll note it immediately and it sometimes turns out just unacceptable while you still can enjoy non-heavy genres on that speakers. The closer we come to pink noise in terms of spectre saturation the harder it gets:)
  16. U

My personal listening experience with one and two speakers. It sounds different for both mono and stereo recordings. How can I evaluate virtual scene/spatial qualities with one speaker, one point (not really but ok) source? What's more important, in typical real environment tonality may and will...
  17. U

Thanks! Great job done here. However, I'd change some aspects of test. First of all, music. Such tracks/generes generally sound good (or acceptable at least) on almost every speaker. Add some metal (or stoner) tracks and enjoy half of speakers (if not all) failing in variety of aspects. The...
  18. U

Genelec 8330A Review (Studio Monitor)

I'm curious of reasons why "truly scientific" Genelec have no infrasonic/high pass filter while "audiofool" Dynaudio does and feel OK with "killer tracks":p In before: Genelecs are made for polite people who listens quietly
  19. U

Explain to me what I'm hearing from 45W to 80W

This is about power supply and current output so choose your 400W amp wisely: there's enough high-Watt Denon-sounding amps. Curious if you'd like how discontinued NAD C375 sounds, at one moment it was arguably the cheapest powerhouse among comparable home hi-fi amps. Decade and half ago NAD...
Top Bottom