Search results

1. A

LG breaks Dolby Vision with new WebOS release 5.10.04 - June 2021

The problem appears to be limited to people using Denon, Anthem, Onkyo and other AVRs, which is why I reported this issue here. After installing LG's new web OS release on my LG B9 TV, the television began blinking on and off when playing DolbyVision sources on my Apple 4K TV box. Many LG TV...
  2. A

Troubleshooting the Denon X3700H AVR and center channel ...

Recently I upgraded my music and television system from analogue stereo to a 3.1 system based around the Denon X3700H audio visual receiver. I documented the various perils I encountered along the way on the presumption that this might be helpful to fellow travellers. I'll amend this orginal...
  3. A

Stereo downmixing through an AVR - effective or add a centre channel?

I'm on the cusp of replacing my beloved Arcam stereo amplifier with a new AVR, likely the Denon 3700. Question - How will stereo sound through the new AVR when mixing down from 5.1? A bit more detail. I have a 2.1 system. Without providing too many details, it sounds glorious when playing...
  4. A

Upgrade to 5.1? To boldly go where no one has gone before.

It was going to be very simple. I had planned to move from my 2.1 system based around an Arcam A80 amplifier to a 3.1 system based on a Yamaha RX-V6A. Then I stopped reading the advertising, landed on this site (my son's advice) and my simple world came crashing down around me. My general...
Top Bottom