Search results

1. A

LG breaks Dolby Vision with new WebOS release 5.10.04 - June 2021

Just as I was thinking about digging out a USB key from a drawer, my television informed me that a new update was available. 5.10.05 has been installed and corrected the issue.
  2. A

Troubleshooting the Denon X3700H AVR and center channel ...

Good to know. I should be able to achieve the selection between presets using my Logitech universal as well. Since I wrote the above I have spent more time with Audyssey and also doing some actual monitoring using a UMIK microphone.
  3. A

Thanks for your insight, eriksson. Yours sounds like an amazing system, and I too am a Nils fan. Favourite moment, his feature spot on Springsteen's "Youngstown" where he is allowed to pull out all the stops. Without Nils doing all the heavy lifting, Bruce wouldn't be half the live act he...
  4. A

Okay, I see that the B9 has its own page and driver. I guess I can't determine if it's for Canada until I download. Thanks for the link.
  5. A

There really isn't much of a problem with the functionality of the receiver. Most issues are one of interface design, cables (always a gotcha in the digital age) and sheer complexity in the number of features available. I'm not sure about your specific application, but I have tremendous...
  6. A

I keep checking for a new update, but so far, crickets. I suspect that under the terms of my extended warranty with Best Buy I might be able to get a TV that does not exhibit this problem.
  7. A

Well, you've saved me from having to decide that issue. I thought the entire point of a factory reset was to move it back to what you got from the factory. Bad decision on someone's part.
  8. A

I'm tempted to do a factory reset, but the cure might be worse than the disease. Once the Dolby Vision is restored, I'll simply take the TV itself off the Internet and take no further updates.
  9. A

The problem appears to be limited to people using Denon, Anthem, Onkyo and other AVRs, which is why I reported this issue here. After installing LG's new web OS release on my LG B9 TV, the television began blinking on and off when playing DolbyVision sources on my Apple 4K TV box. Many LG TV...
  10. A

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

I think they're counting on a low adoption rate of the add on box. Can you provide some guidance? I'm a casual gamer. If I purchased an Xbox Series X, the latest and greatest in that line, can I set my HDMI 2.1 output to say, 4K and 60 Hz, thereby avoiding the 8K-4K/120Hz bug? If that's the...
  11. A

I don't know if I can answer directly but can add some insight. First, are you using optical audio to connect to the Marantz, and what is your source? I believe that mixing center channel is a no-win proposition with only a left and right. If the sound source has isolated clear speech into...
  12. A

I'm glad that had a happy ending for you. Down mixing 6 silent channels in is the way I also understood the problem. I can't imagine that any source would ever send a stereo signal in that manner. The one thing I would like with my 3700H receiver is to have it optionally ignore the surround...
  13. A

As you noted, the question is how far you can extrapolate from the problem scenario. It seems like you're not going to encounter non-present channels when downmixing. The INFO button on the remote is extremely useful and I've noted on the input side, from the Apple TV box, you either receive...
  14. A

Well, true enough. With my 3.1 system I wish there was an option to throw the surround channels away. (Maybe there is and I haven't found it yet). My streaming 5.1 sources - Netflix, Amazon Prime, et cetera, down mix to 3.1 just fine. But playing an older 5.1 DVD disc soundtrack (Emmylou...
  15. A

I take it that when a stereo source is sent through HDMI that this is not done by sending it as 5.1 with 3.1 blank channels. i.e. that there's a way to encode and wrap a stereo track. Most of my Apple TV streaming sources are stereo content, not 5.1, and the 3700H handles them with no issues.
  16. A

I've gone through a similar transition with my Denon X3700H, only to a 3.1 system. I think you'll find eARC is going to work better for your Netflix app than the optical audio out. What are you using for speakers at the moment? I would advise adding a center channel. First of all, I don't...
  17. A

Thanks! I appreciate the response. Given the hours I spent on reading posts, discussion, purchase and subsequent installation (and enjoyed almost every minute of it), I thought, why not spend an hour or two documenting the journey. I may go back and add a TL;DR section for those with a more...
  18. A

That makes sense. What kinds of adjustment did you make, if you can recall?
  19. A

My gut feel was 'external factor' and I won't say I told you so, but I'm very glad that's all it turned out to be.
  20. A

Recently I upgraded my music and television system from analogue stereo to a 3.1 system based around the Denon X3700H audio visual receiver. I documented the various perils I encountered along the way on the presumption that this might be helpful to fellow travellers. I'll amend this orginal...
Top Bottom