Search results

1. Zvu

Binaural blind comparison test of 4 loudspeakers - II

@ctrl Please don't close it on monday. I left my headphones at my job yesterday :)
  2. Zvu

Cone Tweeters

Great tweeter CT62 with only one caveat. When ferro-fluid thickens up with time, it can not be removed or replaced.
  3. Zvu

Post Directiva r1 Passive Crossovers here

@TimVG Don't sweat over parts count. If it is on the schematic, it does something good for the loudspeaker. Wait till i get to my computer and do a sim or two :)
  4. Zvu

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

@hardisj Will we ever see a Dutch & Dutch 8C waterfall/csd here ? Thanks
  5. Zvu

ASR Directiva Open Source Speaker Review

@TimVG I'd like to see the impedance to be able to tell you if it is viable.
  6. Zvu

ASR Directiva Open Source Speaker Review

I really like DXT tweeter very much - especially in Kii with low pass filter applied. If you hate DXT, use this: https://en.toutlehautparleur.com/haut-parleur/tweeters-a-dome/tweeter-a-dome-sb-acoustics-satori-tw29bnwg-8-impedance-8-ohm-bobine-29-mm.html?___store=tlhp_en&___from_store=v2
  7. Zvu

Revel - Big Price Increase

That is hardly an update of existing Salon system. Isn't Beolab 90 something of that sort ? As far as i remember, it can change directivity but i don't know if it can change directivity of low frequencies. EDIT: Found it, it can.
  8. Zvu

Which DIY speakers would you like to see reviewed?

Send them to Erin or Amir when you finish :)
  9. Zvu

I was thinking about this yesterday. I don't really see what they can do to really update them. Laws of acoustics didn't change. It still needs large roundovers so front baffle is the same. They could implement a newer waveguide and transducers with lower distortion and better power handling...
  10. Zvu

If we say that coating needs to be done (black or white, who cares - i like black better) and performance is similar/equal... They've adopted 100% price increase for fancier finish and worse performing Be dome tweeter (mounted in a better waveguide, truth to be told) ? Makes no sense to me...
  11. Zvu

No, it is not - and i have measurements to prove it. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/revel-f208-tower-speaker-review.13192/ https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/revel-f228be-review-speaker.23659/ Revel Performa 228Be actually has higher...
  12. Zvu

Revel increased the price of virtually everything. Don't forget that Revel F208 costed 5000$/pair and its successor Revel F228be costs 10.000$/pair. If that's not a price increase, i don't know what is. Compare that behaviour to Kef R11 price in regard to Kef R900 or LS50Meta to LS50.
  13. Zvu

It all depends on what you can buy in that country for that amount of money. If you think that chinese products are cheap in Europe, what do you think they cost in mainland. Calling one of the most high tech countries with one of the most advanced nuclear and space programs a third world...
  14. Zvu

Binaural blind comparison test of 4 loudspeakers

I haven't intended to sort them per preference. I just tossed few brands to get the fire going :)
  15. Zvu

Should I fix my dad’s old speakers?

I was crazy about those speakers (still am i guess). Acoustic Research. One of those vintage brands that made a difference. You have the best possible AR loudspeaker you could find - read :no ome tempered with them: I would find a good loudspeaker service company and repaired them.
  16. Zvu

@thewas You said fun guessing :) . If i knew what Genelec and/or Neumann cost >7000€ i'd choose them. I like to speak dirty about golden calfs :)
  17. Zvu

Kii Three Dutch&Dutch 8C Kef B&W There ya go :)
  18. Zvu

^It is not about what sounds right (you couldn't possibly know that), but what sounds the least wrong, in my opinion. Even then, there are effects and echoes added. Someone will like that, others will not regardless of if it sounds right or wrong.
Top Bottom