Search results

1. J

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

is DAC to AMP XLR? your still adding gain at the amp regardless of "bottleneck" just limiting your maximum volume along with the whole range if something were limiting it like SE input to amp etc.
  2. J

pre-amps usually exist to add convenient volume control to something like a power amp with no volume control or in my case active speakers where the volume is on the back of each monitor.
  3. J

Does Voicemeeter degrade SQ?

I'm not being a troll... the thread is about Sound Quality not troubleshooting my interface that stopped getting support like 3 years ago and literally says its not supported by later versions of windows. i guess this thread is dead now. we can all go home. i know i won't win this battle when u...
  4. J

your comment wasn't relevant to the thread... your bad experience is also not relevant unless it was a current issue with current versions of all software at play. thanks for your input
  5. J

so for me foobar works fine set default : VM Aux even if content changes sample rate with my collection often does. if i want to set it to ASIO i have to resample in foobar since VM doesn't change like a DAC would. i use an XLR switch to switch between powered monitors, SE, and balanced HPA's...
  6. J

ok anyway back on topic...
  7. J

10 seconds on google
  8. J

firewire in 2021... how old are those drivers...
  9. J

Hardware Inputs include 2 USB mics and capture card Virtual inputs: discord, PC games, alerts, normal windows sounds, and music apps I use multiple dacs as output which is really convenient since I can route any source to any output. All of these change when not in use and VM only freaks if u...
  10. J

My setup changes constantly and VM handles adding/removing hardware and virtual sources or output devices on the fly. Is ur setup right its a non issue. So either u can't adapt your setup for VM or setup is wrong
  11. J

At work, I can screen shot VM tonight. U can set VM to do the conversion as mentioned above so as long as u set foobar to output 24/96 or whatever VM is set to its fine. Or u set foobar to the non asio VAIO with no conversion and it won't care what VM is set to since VM or VAC will do the...
  12. J

As mentioned above that is likely your specific setup. It has issues but not the ones u mention for most use cases. I'm happy with it overall
  13. J

Ya I don't see how it could be "bit perfect" since it's creating a mix with multiple potential conversions on the fly depending on each source which could be anything... It is very convenient on the other hand to use as a mixer. It would be nice to know if there are audible differences. when...
  14. J

Bump for interest. I also have used VM for a long time for my PC mixer IDK how you get away with no conversion, I have music saved in all sorts of different rates as well as some DSD etc. and voice meeter doesn't change on the fly since it's tied to the A1 Output device. I could only do that...
  15. J

Geshelli Labs NEW J2 Dac

Hard to say objectively. I switched to XLR on T5v's and use the Erish as well so too many variables. J2 completely eliminated PC USB ground loop noise that I had with E30 but I lost pre-amp volume control which both L30 and E30 (remote) could do. it does have 3 gain modes which i do switch to...
  16. J

Geshelli Labs NEW J2 Dac

I love my J2 but have had problems trying to use the ASIO combo 384 driver within Voicemeeter Potato with "preferred sample rate" never had this issue with Topping E30. could u post your settings it sound like we have similar use cases tho i was trying to avoid the optical and USB just because...
  17. J

Ground loop via USB broken but high pitch noise remains. *Please advise*

Gotta say this Forum is WAY less helpful than some other "less-scientific" ones. A lot less info than one might think for such a common issue... Anyway upgrading to a Balanced DAC from Geshelli Labs (JNOG2) totally solved my ground loop / PC noise issues. No longer need IFI defender and no...
  18. J

+1 identical issue (e30/l30) hoping for any advice since its a head scratcher haven't found much researching beyond "it breaks the ground" actually glad i'm not the only one experiencing this. its like the ground loop-noise is gone but faint high pitched whine is either more obvious or coming...
  19. J

Balanced DAC without MQA - best performers?

I'm always afraid to purchase anything of value from Companies like that since they aren't in the US in any capacity. If I have any issues they can just tell me to pound sand.... At least a re-seller like Apos has some accountability since they aren't trying to re-brand every few years like so...
  20. J

Amp Balanced vs Fully Balanced, real difference?

who disputed this??? we know u can measure output and I even said A30Pro was very powerful... for its price I'm disappointed it isn't fully balanced but your not debating that... what am i missing here
Top Bottom