Search results

1. G

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

Since you run those Kef r11 full range with no subwoofer. Ample wattage is a good choice. According to Soundstagenetwork.com measurements they dip to 4 ohm quite often.
  2. G

Electromagnetic Interference in Speaker Cables? (video)

Anyone interested in my Faraday sleeved speaker cables?
  3. G

Denon AVR-X8500H AVR Review

Nord sells 3 channel hypex nc400 diy amp modules made by purifi sweet
  4. G

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

The measured 2v output of the x8500 is not a brick wall. It will reach higher voltages but at the cost of dac degradation. I would get an...
  5. G

Why isn't Topping offering some DAP products?

I would like to see Topping's version of the e1dac. A small portable headphone amp and dac and just use my phone
  6. G

Output voltages are on page 1 post 1
  7. G

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

It looks like it might use 1/4" trs to xlr in the picture. I have not seen anything like this before. If it's a good why option why don't we see other companies using this type of output?
  8. G

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

They are recouping the losses from the x6700. Is it a coincidence that those are very well measured AVR's here???
  9. G

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

4v out of RCA? When is this d10s reworked going to hit the shelves. This is perfect for me
  10. G

Towers VS bookshelves: Can people hear the differences?

Just curious which hsu's did you have? And what did you upgrade to?
  11. G

There may be a spec if you look up the manual. Below average I'm sure. I think they just use a resistor on the headphone input. 200-300 will get you a nice desktop headphone system I would build a stand alone setup
  12. G

Celuaris SPK5 Purifi Review (speaker)

Maybe in a MTM design transmission cabinet with a dome tweeter would net better results. Maybe DMurphey could tweak the crossover design.
  13. G

External Amplification for a 7.2.4 system?

All speakers impedance shifts. As long as the amp is capable of a 4 ohm load there are no issues or settings that need to be toggled.
  14. G

External Amplification for a 7.2.4 system?

Any chance of sending that in for testing?
  15. G

Tower vs bookshelf speakers

The sub crawl putting the sub at the mlp and putting an ear down towards the area where the sub will go have music playing with different ranges of bass. This will show you areas of the room where bass notes may be bloated or lean. Don't just settle for one spot find a second or third incase...
  16. G

Sorbothane for stand mounts

For speaker stands or mounting brackets something like dynamat or this https://www.amazon.com/stores/Noico+Solutions/page/6510B908-D25C-401A-8425-71AA9E3B1733?ref_=ast_bln
  17. G

REW and ratbuddyssey has transformed the capabilities of audyssey. My living room is open to the kitchen and I have 12ft vaulted ceilings hardwood floors with rug in seating area. I use full eq. To get my final measurements +/-2db of target I measure what audyssey did with Rew. Then I used...
  18. G

Very much agree. I own a Denon x3400 and run a 5.1.2 which only allows for 7 speakers. Adding an amplifier doubled my available wattage compared to just the x3400 which made an improvement at high listening levels -17db or higher below that indistinguishable
  19. G

To quote an American 90s sitcom Home Improvement "More Power Argh Argh Argh!" The headroom and load off of other electronics and the most important psycho acoustic value not to mention Avr leading sinad.
  20. G

I have issues with these spl calculators. How do they take into account for swinging impedance levels and electrical values as phase. Hard amp draws at certain frequencies. It just seems very generally speaking there are a lot more variables then efficiency distance and wattage on the...
Top Bottom