Search results

1. D

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

Has MA sent one of these DACs to ASR to test? Would love to know if it compares favorably to others in the product portfolio.
  2. D

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

Hi Is there a facility like V-Tuner to stream internet radio stations. Doesn’t work with mconnect.
  3. D

Matrix X - Sabre 3 News?

I’m thinking of buying the recently launched Matrix Audio X Sabre 3 DAC Streamer. Seems to do everything! Has anyone purchased one and would like to provide some feedback? regards
  4. D

Playing Apple Hi-Res Lossless directly through DAC from IPad/Phone etc...

Thank you for your response, I’ve done some more digging around and it would, indeed, appear that the DAC on a stick to headphone socket is the intended strategy for Hi-Res. Then, it is very disappointing that the audio enthusiast is being disregarded to the benefit of the casual listener...
  5. D

Playing Apple Hi-Res Lossless directly through DAC from IPad/Phone etc...

Hello audio enthusiasts, Having been thoroughly disillusioned with MQA, Apple’s recent launch of its Hi-Res lossless, at no additional cost with free month long trial, is a mighty tempting alternative. Even if Spotify’s equivalent lossless offering is braced over the horizon, I still fancy...
  6. D

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

I can say that your analysis did indeed help me in realizing that I fell for the hype! I’ve cancelled my Tidal hifi subscription. My question is what is the best value streaming service available in the market to achieve hi resolution lossless audio? I mean, it’s a great idea to hear master...
  7. D

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

I see. I think direct sales is the way to go because there seems to be a massive mark up on price. I mean, how is it you can get direct sales in the USA and not the UK? Surely, there must be the same assortment of "complications"? Perhaps the concern should be a Chinese produced product to rival...
  8. D

I think the import is directly from the US. Doesn't make sense to ship to the EU and then to the UK. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that Brexit is playing a significant role - certainly not to hike the price of the item to that extent. Benchmark should do what the Chinese are offering and that...
  9. D

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Yes. Was obvious. I know others haven’t had the same experience and that may be because of DAC output voltage. I think over 4V and there probably isn’t a need.
  10. D

Just reporting back on my views on the Pre 90. Astonishing delivery timescale from order to delivery from Shenzenaudio; China. Unpacked and plugged in. Switched on, did a bit of configuring. XLRs to AHB2 and MyTek BB. Played a few challenging tracks from Tidal, a range of flac 16 bit and MQA 24...
  11. D

It is a voyage of discovery! The Mytek BB is good enough I think and it is practical with the internet directly sourced. Great for Tidal. Wonder why Amir hasn't tested one yet? I know there are a lot of shenanigans going on between Hem and Mytek USA. Also with the BB you can drop in 12v DC.
  12. D

I bought one over the Internet from a Chinese seller. How exciting! I could have bought the LA4. It's £2900 pounds here in the U.K. And the Pre90+Ext. was £409. That's £2500 pounds cheaper for a product that performs equally well. Now, I am a big fan of USA audio brands, but I just couldn't...
  13. D

The quote is interesting - he obviously didn’t do maths!
  14. D

I think there is a 20% import tax. Crazy if they add another 20% UK retail VAT on the price. Even so, I wouldn’t put it past the monopolised uk distributor to be making a big margin on the sale. Maybe £1000 per sale. Could be wrong of course. Benchmark would sell a lot more products if amazing...
  15. D

I bought one. I hooked it up to my Brooklyn Bridge DAC and the combo blew my socks off! Was like replacing carburettors with fuel injection. There I was going to get this and that high cost marvel, now its “just get this” it does “that, look at the test results”. I can testify that the...
  16. D

Passive Pre amp to DAC

Hello, thank you for your analysis. I am in agreement with it. The more I make the effort to study the subject matter behind audio reproduction the more I realize the cost is immaterial- it is the result that matters! The trend seems to be simple well constructed sensibly designed products that...
  17. D

Passive Pre amp to DAC

Hello, Being an engineer - of the mechanical variety - it is a pleasure to finally see lots and lots of data carried out by highly qualified and experience professionals. I must say, I did do a lot of FFT and Laplace Transforms many moons ago, but it was great to see Amir take time to tutor us...
Top Bottom