Search results

1. T

Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity Review (DAC)

Yes the DACs are arranged 4 / ch in parallel / balanced config. As mentioned previously the OP stage is described as zero NFB (discrete) and what this generally implies is some sort of grounded base stage followed by a buffer for each phase. What this also generally implies is that there is no...
  2. T

WRT adding distortion - yes, like a 'plugin' used in Protools (recording software). I've been waiting for this to happen in home HiFi but so far doesn't seem to have. TCD
  3. T

As I stated above (somewhere) the A-GD M7 DAC utilizes a discrete, zero feedback I-V and OP stage. This will be the source of the added distortion. If you want a nice musical 'analog' type sound, these can give it. I've designed and built plenty, I know what they do (compared to say opamps)...
  4. T

Looking at Vinnie R's design philosophy on the website, (uses tubes and zero NFB in some designs) I doubt the products will achieve ultra low measured distortion and as such will most likely cop a severe bashing here. TCD
  5. T

Chord Huei Phono Preamp Review

Agreed, a bit perplexing, some of their other designs AKA Dave are absolutely SOTA. A well implemented circa <2nV / rt Hz OPA at the front end would have given much improved results.
  6. T

Chord Huei Phono Preamp Review

Amirm, WRT your distortion & noise measurements, what is the impedance of drive signal used (both CM and Diff)? This will have a significant impact on results, obviously depending on IP topology. TCD
Top Bottom