Search results

1. tonycollinet

Raspberry pie solution for bbc sounds?

Hi do any of the pre packaged raspbeey pi streaming packages integrate well with bbc sounds? (all of the live streams, catch up and podcasts?) thanks
  2. tonycollinet

Mini DSP2x4 HD Direc Live, or not.

I will almost certainly get a mini DSP2x4HD to be used for room EQ. What I'm interested in is if it is worth paying the extra for the DDRC-24 with Direc Live. Given the 2x4 HD can run parametric equalisation (and other DSP?) - will the Direc Live addon bring anything extra to the party in terms...
  3. tonycollinet

Delivery time!

Sometimes something happens that illustrates how much the world has changed over 40 or 50 years. When I was 17 I walked into town to a record store and ordered Pink Floyd's "The Wall". I can't remember how long I had to wait for it - maybe a few days, maybe a week. Sometime over the years that...
  4. tonycollinet

Measuring is fun - and you learn stuff.

So I want to digitise at least one of my Vinyl LPs (Reason unimportant). I have two devices with an anlogue input. Soundblaster omni 5.1 USB "sound card" Lexicon alpha Audio Interface. I wanted to work out which was best - I assumed it would be the lexicon since it is aimed at musicians. So I...
  5. tonycollinet

RPi Audio streamer with DSP AND analogue in. Anything available?

Hi I have a spare Pi3b hanging about and would like to play with it as a DSP/streamer (to avoid USB cable across room from Mac). Currently on Mac, I have set up room correction convolution filters, so can play corrected audio both from digital files, but also from my turntable via an analogue...
  6. tonycollinet

UM1-K has arrived - now to get started, but sweep and moving mic measurements don't line up.

Mic arrived today a day early from Hong Kong, and no import duties collected - bonus. I initially started a thread here https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/planning-room-eq-like-this.26409/ for some up front advice (thanks to everyone who helped), but have since realised...
  7. tonycollinet

Planning room eq like this...

Using a Mac - so options seem to be more limited. I've just ordered UMIK-1 direct from MiniDSP. Which I will use with REW to create FIR filters in Wav format to add to LA convolver in Soundsource, for system wide eq. I've got a lot of learning to do with REW I suspect. I'm sure I'll be back...
  8. tonycollinet

Left and right speaker pairs - is this a thing?

Just read this on the Dali website. Information they've not put in the manual: Sure enough the speakers are marked left or right on the back. Also unsurprisingly I had them the wrong way round. I have been bothered by poor stereo imaging, and now I've repositioned the speakers, it seems to be...
  9. tonycollinet

Hoping you guys can save me a couple of hundred notes on a DAC.

Hi All. I've been researching DACs to replace the Soundblaster Omni 5.1 I'm currently using (because I have it), which got very poor measurements (SINAD 90 amongst others). I've been looking at Modi 3+, Topping E30 and Topping D50S. Dac to be paired with a just ordered Rega Brio, and Dali...
Top Bottom