Search results

1. B

SMSL SU-9n

New SMSL Dac, same as SU-9 but without MQA. https://shenzhenaudio.com/collections/all/products/smsl-su-9n-es9038pro-dac-xmos-dsd512-pcm768khz-32bit-bluetooth-5-0-ldac-usb-balanced-decoder Gets a US$60 drop in price
  2. B

Dedicated Headphone Amp vs Integrated Amp Headphone Out

Thanks for the replies, kind of explains why the Hd6xx sound great on the Hegel but lower impedance phones I've tried don't sound good at all, e.g. nightowl, denon5200. Tried the IEM's once and never again. Looks like I might have to pull the trigger on a Thx 789 or the new L50 with its smaller...
  3. B

Dedicated Headphone Amp vs Integrated Amp Headphone Out

For the uninformed among us, here's hoping someone can explain the pros and cons of a dedicated headphone amp over using the headphone output on my integrated Amp. I have a Hegel H120 and the headphone output on it seems to be really good at driving my 3 sets of cans, HD6xx, DT770PRO 80ohm and...
  4. B

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

My thoughts are the E30/L30 stack still offers a little more flexibility. Can drive IEM's really well and is not bothered by low impedance phones. Also has a bit more power. The DX3pro looks like an amazing entry level product and surely has a place in the Topping lineup.
  5. B

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

Joshua Valour only mentioned the extra bass on IEM'S through the 6.3 plug. He stated this this wasn't there on the balanced outputs with full size headphones.
  6. B

The L50 is not a balanced amp even though it has balanced inputs. It is unbalanced outputting the same power from all outputs, 6.3 or xlr.
  7. B

Topping DX3 Pro+

And up on the Topping website now as well. look forward to Amir's review, hopefully cooming soon.
  8. B

Topping DX3 Pro+

Topping have just announced this on their Facebook page today.
  9. B

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

Sounds like you're not aware of the AKM fire and subsequent unavailability of AKM DAC chips. There is a reason almost every manufacturer in the world have moved to Sabre chips.
  10. B

My understanding is coax & optical will both do up to 24bit/192khz
  11. B

SMSL SU-8s Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

Is there any way of NOT displaying the 99 volume level when using this in fixed DAC mode?
  12. B

SMSL SU-8s Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

This came out roughly 2 months before the E50
  13. B

Pretty sure it's as follows. Turn dac off Press and hold power button Will then display Dac or Pre
  14. B

Has anyone here listened to the new L50 yet? Very interested in sound impressions.
  15. B

From what I'm reading in the table comparison of Topping amps is that the L50 is not an internally balanced amp.
  16. B

How would this new L50 compare to the A50s given the A50s is a balanced amp with SE inputs. A50s through Balaced 4.4mm out looks to have similar power and the price is the same. @JohnYang1997 what are your thoughts here?
  17. B

I'd be interested to know what receiver is being used for the Spidf inputs, coax & optical. Is it the same one used on the new E30 model or a different version to ensure the "drop out" issue has been resolved.
  18. B

Balanced heaphone output louder?

This may seem a silly question but please indulge me. On a fully balanced headphone amp, e.g. Topping A90, being fed a balanced signal from say a D90, would the output volume be louder using the balanced output or would the volume be the same as the 6.3mm single ended output? I'm trying to...
  19. B

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

I would guess yes as Topping now have TRS-TRS balanced cables listed on their website
Top Bottom