Search results

1. S

Post research here that casts doubt on ASR objectivism

Yup, the 30 pages of stats in my mrs' clinical psychology phd would attest to that.
  2. S

Post research here that casts doubt on ASR objectivism

What a crazy idea. Do you honestly think the scientific method via numerate analysis isn't the basis of most social science? Cos it is. They don't just pull ideas out of a hat you know. Clinical psychology for example, tried and tested methodologies based on proposing, testing, validating a...
  3. S

Objectivists vs. Subjectivists - Who's right?

The objectivist is interested in provable measurements, the subjectivist in the totality of their personal experience. Neither is more correct than the other. the problems arise when a subjectivist thinks their opinion is fact, and the objectivist thinks that measurements correlate to a...
  4. S

Post your most gorgeous vintage (looking) speakers designs!

I'd push your mom off a cliff for a pair of these.
  5. S

Just got banned at Audiophile Style for pushing back against misinformation

I share that badge of honour. Many audiosites, im being none specific here, are soundboxes to the owners viewpoint. ASR is similarly a soundboard to Amir's World view, its a view we largely share, and for simplicities sake the AUP protects that view. The difference with many/most other sites...
  6. S

Compassion to more expensive converters

Naim are broadly "enough" in their specs, most of their gear exceeds the specs as a matter of course.
  7. S

What is your daily job ? ... any hobbies ?

Ecommerce sales and marketing for my sins, climbing, kitesurfing, rowing, paragliding, electronics and 3d modelling/rendering for hobbies, though the last two are also occasional paying jobs.
  8. S

What personal computer do you use?

Windows ten on a high spec gaming laptop, never played a game on it, I use it for cad, 3d and photo work.
  9. S

Extreme Snake Oil

Of course it compares to competition, a $10 cable would work just as well as a $10,000 cable
  10. S

Factory tour of Audioquest

I'd imagine you average dealer selling mid fi makes more on accessories than hifi.
  11. S

Beresford Caiman SEG Review (Stereo DAC)

Weird happenings with the Dorado, must be the connection and the tiny supercaps they use. I have 3 supercaps, 3.5f on the rails of my Ian Canada 9038 dac board, 1 per rail. It runs for a good five minutes from the supercaps after I unplug the power.
  12. S

Factory tour of Audioquest

Should have saved the thread necro for Halloween. Who invented the audiophile cable market, maybe pierre lune, maybe audio note Japan with their 1976 4n silver ic's. I'd say it really didn't start until companies started making claims that didn't gel with accepted science.
  13. S

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Why do tiu rhink its always tv'a that don't work with many dacs....?
  14. S

Why is it Topping's job to make up for Samsung's spdif output being out of spec?
  15. S

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Worst muse model 200 amp, £1500, piece of crap. Best stax lambda sr7 Pro and energiser- for free..
  16. S

I'm not sure how purchasing works for other people, but I buy things based in the features they have, not the ones they don't have.
  17. S

I'll clear that up for you then. I don't need it, don't want to pay for it. My purchasing doesn't exist to subsidise your poor source choices
  18. S

Beresford Caiman SEG Review (Stereo DAC)

Lots of excuses for a crap dac, all the apologists are out hand wringing. 12,-15v won't make a damn bit of difference, the critical circuits are all under 12v. The upper limit will be the voltage rating of the caps or the first regulator. The lower voltage limit is when it switches itself off...
  19. S

If you choose not to make the dac with multiple options that's their choice. It's a firmware overhead that most people don't want to pay for
Top Bottom