Search results

1. K

Post Directiva r1 Active Crossovers here

I can do up to 1024 tap filters (without using too much processing %) in my Symetrix 8x8 DSP I just haven't had the time to take comprehensive enough measurements of my own speakers to be confident in using them. There is this brand new unit for £515 that does FIR...
  2. K

Post Directiva r1 Active Crossovers here

could improve vertical polars using FIR brickwall filters?
  3. K

PA/Karaoke speakers for home use.

The speakers you have posted as an example are the lowest quality PA/karaoke speakers having heard a few of them I can say they are truly awful. Higher quality PA speakers however sound great. There are a few caveats though; the frequency response is typicaly less linear than the best hi-fi or...
  4. K

Murphy's Corner Line Array project

works better than I expected. now show me 20Hz ;)
  5. K

mmm but look what happens to THD for small drivers: https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/driveunits/purifi_4/
  6. K

If your amp can supply enough voltage to move the drivers to xmax you're not really loosing 2dB. I wouldn't run the array to 20Hz regardless as the available output will be small and dominated by distortion even from a large quantity of small drivers, you will also cause doppler distortion of...
  7. K

RF issue - insane noise from Logitech's Powerplay mat

gosh I hope it uses induction to transfer energy rather than capacitive coupling :O (would be tempting considering the form factor)
  8. K

RF issue - insane noise from Logitech's Powerplay mat

Hilariously I'm an expert in wireless power transfer. I would speculate that the mat coil(s) are been driven by a single ended driver which causes them to have an electric field that doesn't cancel. If one end of the coil goes + and the other goes - then the field a long way from the coil sums...
  9. K

Do high-efficiency speakers really have better 'dynamics'?

I run PA with big horns and big amps and have clip indicators and level meters. Even pretty sane volume of 90 -100dBa in the crowd relatively close to the speakers will occasionally be clipping an amp on >105dB/1w speakers hooked up to >1kW amplifiers on each driver. If you scale this back a...
  10. K

Horn Speakers - Is it me or.......

Tight, 40 degree so the total array is around 120degree. However arraying speakers isn't a totally exact thing, a range of angles will work fine hence the change in tilt on the outer orbits. https://soundgear.co.uk/orbit4.html the above posted response is with processing btw. There great...
  11. K

Horn Speakers - Is it me or.......

Ran this system the other weekend which is fully horn loaded down to 100Hz and got lots of positive reviews of the sound. Environment was a tent. Without horns it would be very difficult to avoid squashing the dynamics of live music.
  12. K

Considering Changing my 15inch to a 12inch For Better Directivity With My CD.

the easiest way is to turn the speaker not the microphone, or you could mark mic positions using tape and a plumb bob. This turntable can be as simple as two wooden boards with a bolt holding them together. Its worth reading this thread for some methods on at home frequency response...
  13. K

Considering Changing my 15inch to a 12inch For Better Directivity With My CD.

It looks like you use subs so a 10" or 12" would seem to be appropriate. The horn and compresion driver you have at the moment are quite well regarded. If you look at speakers of this format with good directivity the waveguide is larger than the woofer...
  14. K

What is the best class d amp for max 200 euros for my demands

This one has a DSP: https://www.3e-audio.com/finished-amp/tpa32xx-all-in-one-amplifier/
  15. K

Decent behind-the-neck open on-ear Headphones for Cycling

you would need one of those artificial heads ( https://www.minidsp.com/products/acoustic-measurement/ears-headphone-jig ) to measure the headphones. Foobar has a basic EQ included but as I haven't tried any EQ I can't offer any specific recommendations.
  16. K

Decent behind-the-neck open on-ear Headphones for Cycling

I also have the Kamtron bluetooth headphones, I find them acceptable for the application. To be honest they are much better than any older wired design I have tried and will be far better than bone conduction headphones. Perhaps try some EQ?
  17. K

JBL SRX835P Reviewed (Powered Monitor)

So dynamic capability has been identified as important but is missing from the current test regime. Extra work and possibly software/hardware but could something like: https://m-noise.org/ be added to the test suite?
  18. K

The SRC835P has a 35mm pole cup and fly points, it would normally be pole mounted, flown or ground stacked so that the treble horn was above head height to ensure good projection into the crowd. I guess at home you could use it as a floor-stander but this isn't the intended use.
  19. K

This speaker seems to be let down by the 3" Ti dome compression driver which has resonant behaviour, high THD and breakup. However in PA some people (not me) actually like the sound of Ti dome breakup believing it gives a HF that is more audible at far distances. This is such a prevalent...
  20. K

8-channel volume control

Replace the mini dsp with a DSP unit intended for install use. I use a Symetrix 8x8 DSP which has 8 outputs. There are two methods of volume control using this DSP: 1) analog output attenuators - these are intended for matching maximum level to the connected amplifier and so are set once 2)...
Top Bottom