Search results

1. D

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

Maybe regional warehouse vs factory direct?
  2. D

If it gets gooey, you can always try a little (and i mean a little) 3m 468mp tape. People use it on 3d printers to hold heaters to the build plate, and worksurfaces to the build plate. I used it as a kid to make sails for remote control model boats. It's good to over 120°C indefinitely and 200°C...
  3. D

I'm going to be doing the same, and also because i want the extra weight. I might even blu-tack them together to make them even less likely to move around.
  4. D

seems the Jeremy Clarkson force is strong with some here!
  5. D

So buy one then, it's as simple as that! That's my belive as well, not everyone wants or needs every option under the sun.
  6. D

Thread dedicated to the Topping A50S

Hopefully a sample is already on the way to @amirm.
  7. D

I'm not sure why article author didn't link to the full res photo, but her it is. I can't tell if it has 2 or 3 ports. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0031/0453/8673/files/1_369c8f1e-3583-4dce-ae80-3d41884da64e.jpg
  8. D

Zoom F6 Portable Field Recorder Review

Tell that to Zoom and Sound Devices!
  9. D

It's not about headroom, as I've said several times now it's about resolution!
  10. D

As a developer, I would warn against trusting the release notes. Who knows what someone might have slipped in under the radar to cover up a poor job they did. I've busted a lot of junior developers over the years for doing exactly that. you also need to consider they might have fixed one...
  11. D

What firmware version were you running for the tests?
  12. D

To add to what I said earlier he is a screen grab directly from the F6 manual.
  13. D

Did you validate the firmware was up to date? https://www.zoom.co.jp/news/F6-update
  14. D

No no, you are so fixated on low level noise you don't see it. Here is a similar scenario from the video world. Take a cheap camera that only records in 8 bit, and then drastically under expose a shot, so you are only using a small subset of the file formats available range. Then shoot the...
  15. D

I agree, and I would say the review is incomplete until it is done!
  16. D

I'm sorry but you don't. if you take a high resolution data and then scale/round it to fit into a lower resolution file format, you have no way of getting the resolution back out of the file (it's gone). People here seem to be stuck on the noise floor issue....
  17. D

You missed my point. It doesn't matter what precision you use in your algorithm, you can't do better than the precision of the source file. Take a look at this, it kind of puts it in audio terms, but still not good enough from a math/software standpoint imo...
  18. D

Maybe I'm just naive, but I don't think it was designed to offer more range/benefit. I was under the impression the only reason they used 32bit was to ensure enough resolution existed in the file to handle adjustments in post because of not setting gain.
  19. D

Linus from LTT did an video on snake oil pcie power conditioner.

That's an extreme understatement! As a developer, I find the almost blind faith in developers comical. I've been doing this for a long time, and in my opinion you will be lucky to find 1 developer in 50 who really knows what they are talking about. It's a job title nothing more!
  20. D

I've always wondered what the s stood for, I always assumed Special.
Top Bottom