Search results

1. 001

A Call For Humor!

Well, no. Mebbe a melange of hollandaise. As they say in the classics "Das machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und corkenpoppen mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen...
  2. 001

For those of you that are around 50 YO and over - do you think about death?

Hhmm, I'll concoct a diy allegory (if that's what it is) ; Imagine each of us, when born, start out as if we're in our very own bucket being swung around by life itself. Each year our 'string' gets a little longer between us and 'life'. Hang in there with me; you all know that when you swing a...
  3. 001

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

Nice! But... (being cheeky now) I counted 2 pony tails ;)
  4. 001

Asimov Foundation

Someone put me right, but I vaguely remember Hollywood was going to have a crack at 'Rama'. That'd be so cool.
  5. 001

Life without tone controls etc.

Occasionally my wife points out, quite rightly, that I am being very unbalanced and a complete knob. Hence I conclude that I most certainly need both balance control and some knobs to adjust my room presence ;)
  6. 001

High resolution audio vs. CD: A null-test

sorry, that is right. It's hard to think of english as the lowest form of the germanic languages but there you go. https://lrc.la.utexas.edu/eieol/engol
  7. 001

How did software development become so hard (Windows)???

Aah, that reminds of a dilbert cartoon ;) [can't link directly of course] https://dilbert.com/strip/2007-11-26
  8. 001

How did software development become so hard (Windows)???

Indeed, wipe and re-image is the quickest solution to bring user happiness back on track *provided* [and I'm talking within an enterprise setup] user and data storage are separated entities. Still annoys me that I can re-image an equivalent sized Linux in ~3 minutes, sometimes less than 2...
  9. 001

A Call For Humor!

True, but France is only a little behind
  10. 001

Nice Op Amp article in 'Silicon Chip' mag

Hi all, just got my latest dose of 'Silicon Chip' magazine. In the August edition there's 'The history of Op Amps'; "Harold S. Black's discovery of negative feedback paved the way for the development of operational amplifiers, which are widely used in all sorts of electronic devices, especially...
  11. 001

A Call For Humor!

Pardon my bad taste in dad jokes (I promise this is the first/last one) "Two percussionists fall of a cliff... boom boom" :facepalm:
  12. 001

What are we listening to right now..

Onto the 2nd Russian outfit: Leonid & Friends. Wow, they're a bunch of amazing musicians.
  13. 001

Is audiophilia a symptom of something undiscovered in audiophiles?

Hhhmm, following on from the guitar post; I play guitar regularly, but can't come at 'collecting' them. After all, I can only play one at a time AND I'll only be able to play the same way with the same chord shapes and riffs. However, I *really* like the look of some guitars and admit to...
  14. 001

What are we listening to right now..

Oh the wonders of the Interwebs; I've just fallen into a bunch of Russian stuff. Here's the first one: Valeriy Stepanov Fusion Project. Unreal. Hope you've got a spare hour :-)
  15. 001

EquiTech 1.5RQ Balanced Power Review

I definitely remember doing the fluoro tube trick at my brother's house in the outer Melbourne suburbs, just a short walk into his backyard and point up to the high voltage transmission lines overhead. Impressed the nephews no end. Unsure if it also caused my hair loss :-)
  16. 001

A Call For Humor!

Good to see a business undie turd by punsters.
  17. 001

A Call For Humor!

Something from the archives [strictly last century]
  18. 001

PSA: Audacity

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm using 3.02 and I have specifically blocked all traffic with the built in firewall on Win10. Even though on their forum, the team has stated "Up to, and including the current Audacity 3.0.2, Audacity software has no network code and is incapable of connecting to the...
  19. 001

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

I wonder how many of us have our parents to thank for our interests in music/making music. I remember mine fondly.
Top Bottom